Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Nothing but problems with dynatrac 60s

  1. #11
    Nothing but a Thing Mybadjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Elko
    Posts
    1,787
    Also was was hoping if they warrantied the shaft Iíd do Evo high steer, been needing too. But have been in the process of trying to get a house. So I canít really go spending money. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,722

    Nothing but problems with dynatrac 60s

    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Not trying to come on here to defend Dyantrac but to be fair, Dynatrac is known for making axles, not necessarily tie-rods. Sure they "include" one but I've never seen them tout it as being big and bad ass. It's the reason why I and so many other guys I know with PRO 60 knuckles made sure to upgrade to something like the EVO high steer kit and right away. As far as the track bar mount goes, well, there's a reason why most of us running PRO 60 knuckles have the ram mount welded to the axle and mounted to the knuckle - much like you would do with an EVO high steer kit. As far as the u-joint failure goes, there's a reason why Moby has been trucking along for over 10 years now and on the same shafts and u-joint and it's because we made sure to UPGRADE to COMPETITION SHAFTS and with CTM u-joints. Why? Because anything less can and WILL break as you have seen. Still, I would agree that it seems odd to me that they wouldn't warranty your shaft. Again, I'm sure Dynatrac can take care of themselves here but I just wanted to put a little perspective on things.
    Wow, CTMs are $350 a piece, $700 a pair. Just for u joints.

    How much for a set of 60 front shafts with regular u joints?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #13
    Nothing but a Thing Mybadjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Elko
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Wow, CTMs are $350 a piece, $700 a pair. Just for u joints.

    How much for a set of 60 front shafts with regular u joints?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The passenger shaft I was quoted little over $900 with u joint. Iíd like to do rcvs. But canít spend the money right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #14
    Old Timer benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Wow, CTMs are $350 a piece, $700 a pair. Just for u joints.

    How much for a set of 60 front shafts with regular u joints?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yea but 10 years with no replacing, no failures, especially the miles they drove and how hard, kinda seems worth the extra coin.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Advertiser Dynatrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    196
    Mybadjk

    We regret that you had such a bad day. A broken axle U-joint on any Dana 60 is rare, and can cause the damage you experienced.

    I apologize for the handling of your call at Dynatrac. Your situation is in fact covered by our warranty, and if someone has not already contacted you to correct this, they will be in touch very quickly.

    On any front axle shaft, not just ours, once the joint fails, the ears crash together and quickly ruin the bores making it impossible to install a new U-joint. It does not matter what the shaft is made from. Whenever an axle U-joint fails, try to stop immediately and replace the joint, or pull the shaft out before it becomes unusable. Sometimes this is unavoidable because you need to keep moving the vehicle to get out of a bad situation.

    I would also like to inform others on the forum that steering assist rams must be made to the correct length so they ideally run out of travel at the same time, or just before the steering stops make contact. If the ram exerts continuous hydraulic force and the steering runs out of travel, then something else will absorb that force. A bent tie rod, fractured brackets, damaged ball joints, king pins, or knuckles can be the result. Iím sure PSC can supply shims to adjust the travel of their ram. I also have a PSC ram on my personal JK, and it was not hard to set this up correctly, but does take some time.

    Ram positioning is also important to concentrate the force at the tie rod end center point on the driverís side. I canít tell from the pictures if yours is in that position, but I can help you determine that.

    Iím not sure what axle package you purchased, but we offer optional larger diameter tie-rods that can be ordered with an axle. You may also delete the tie-rod from your order if you prefer another aftermarket brand.

    If you would PM me your contact info, I would be happy to work with you one-on-one to dial in your set-up and provide support. Iím on the road at the moment, but will be able to connect with you early next week.


    www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com

  6. #16
    Knows a Thing or Two A.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Grants Pass Or.
    Posts
    935
    Great response! Sounds like you're getting taken care of. Please share your experience as it goes along so others can benefit from it. Service after the sale is very important and action speaks louder than words. Interested to see what the end result is.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #17
    Nothing but a Thing jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    Mybadjk

    We regret that you had such a bad day. A broken axle U-joint on any Dana 60 is rare, and can cause the damage you experienced.

    I apologize for the handling of your call at Dynatrac. Your situation is in fact covered by our warranty, and if someone has not already contacted you to correct this, they will be in touch very quickly.

    On any front axle shaft, not just ours, once the joint fails, the ears crash together and quickly ruin the bores making it impossible to install a new U-joint. It does not matter what the shaft is made from. Whenever an axle U-joint fails, try to stop immediately and replace the joint, or pull the shaft out before it becomes unusable. Sometimes this is unavoidable because you need to keep moving the vehicle to get out of a bad situation.

    I would also like to inform others on the forum that steering assist rams must be made to the correct length so they ideally run out of travel at the same time, or just before the steering stops make contact. If the ram exerts continuous hydraulic force and the steering runs out of travel, then something else will absorb that force. A bent tie rod, fractured brackets, damaged ball joints, king pins, or knuckles can be the result. Iím sure PSC can supply shims to adjust the travel of their ram. I also have a PSC ram on my personal JK, and it was not hard to set this up correctly, but does take some time.

    Ram positioning is also important to concentrate the force at the tie rod end center point on the driverís side. I canít tell from the pictures if yours is in that position, but I can help you determine that.

    Iím not sure what axle package you purchased, but we offer optional larger diameter tie-rods that can be ordered with an axle. You may also delete the tie-rod from your order if you prefer another aftermarket brand.

    If you would PM me your contact info, I would be happy to work with you one-on-one to dial in your set-up and provide support. Iím on the road at the moment, but will be able to connect with you early next week.
    Its very nice to see you jump in here and take care of his problem. I also have your axels front and rear and would really appreciate if you could let us in on setting up the PSC correctly. Thanks in advance.
    2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

  8. #18
    Nothing but a Thing Mybadjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Elko
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    Mybadjk

    We regret that you had such a bad day. A broken axle U-joint on any Dana 60 is rare, and can cause the damage you experienced.

    I apologize for the handling of your call at Dynatrac. Your situation is in fact covered by our warranty, and if someone has not already contacted you to correct this, they will be in touch very quickly.

    On any front axle shaft, not just ours, once the joint fails, the ears crash together and quickly ruin the bores making it impossible to install a new U-joint. It does not matter what the shaft is made from. Whenever an axle U-joint fails, try to stop immediately and replace the joint, or pull the shaft out before it becomes unusable. Sometimes this is unavoidable because you need to keep moving the vehicle to get out of a bad situation.

    I would also like to inform others on the forum that steering assist rams must be made to the correct length so they ideally run out of travel at the same time, or just before the steering stops make contact. If the ram exerts continuous hydraulic force and the steering runs out of travel, then something else will absorb that force. A bent tie rod, fractured brackets, damaged ball joints, king pins, or knuckles can be the result. Iím sure PSC can supply shims to adjust the travel of their ram. I also have a PSC ram on my personal JK, and it was not hard to set this up correctly, but does take some time.

    Ram positioning is also important to concentrate the force at the tie rod end center point on the driverís side. I canít tell from the pictures if yours is in that position, but I can help you determine that.

    Iím not sure what axle package you purchased, but we offer optional larger diameter tie-rods that can be ordered with an axle. You may also delete the tie-rod from your order if you prefer another aftermarket brand.

    If you would PM me your contact info, I would be happy to work with you one-on-one to dial in your set-up and provide support. Iím on the road at the moment, but will be able to connect with you early next week.
    Got in contact with Steve and we ended up getting things sorted out and taken care of.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #19
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,722

    Nothing but problems with dynatrac 60s

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    Ram positioning is also important to concentrate the force at the tie rod end center point on the driverís side. I canít tell from the pictures if yours is in that position, but I can help you determine that.
    Iíd be interested to know more about this. Iím not sure what you mean by ďtie rod end center point on the driverís side.Ē Would you mind explaining this a bit more, for those of use that have the ram connected to the tie rod and not the knuckle (as with the EVO high steer, for example). Thanks.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #20
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    Got in contact with Steve and we ended up getting things sorted out and taken care of.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nice!


    .................................................. ..............
    Overall "build thread"
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TJ problems!!
    By Clifford33 in forum Jeep Show & Tell
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-08-2019, 06:55 AM
  2. Problems after mud
    By Ikshaw in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-20-2018, 04:56 AM
  3. Xj problems
    By xj_cherocar in forum XJ Write-Ups
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 03:37 AM
  4. Need Help With a Few Problems
    By haboo1968 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 08:13 PM
  5. Anyone ever have problems with 4wd.com?
    By jknit in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 03:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS