Aged Tires

A somewhat local shop near me has some Maxxis Buckshot Mudder II's for sell. The are the size I prefer 37 x 13.5 x 17. I have never looked into this brand before, other than just skimming some posts on this forum. The date code is 3617 which I assume is the 37 week in 2017. He said they have been inside the whole time in a climate controlled building up until a few weeks ago when they sat outside for about a week and now they are in a non-climate controlled building but no sun exposure. He's offering all 5 for $1000 (currently new ones selling for $311 each). Seems like a deal I don't want to pass on.

Anyone have any thoughts on purchasing tires that are a couple years old and this brand/model?

Jsouder53

Hooked
A somewhat local shop near me has some Maxxis Buckshot Mudder II's for sell. The are the size I prefer 37 x 13.5 x 17. I have never looked into this brand before, other than just skimming some posts on this forum. The date code is 3617 which I assume is the 37 week in 2017. He said they have been inside the whole time in a climate controlled building up until a few weeks ago when they sat outside for about a week and now they are in a non-climate controlled building but no sun exposure. He's offering all 5 for $1000 (currently new ones selling for $311 each). Seems like a deal I don't want to pass on.

Anyone have any thoughts on purchasing tires that are a couple years old and this brand/model?

Ever used?

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I've kept my 37's in the garage during the winters and my 35's during the summer with no issues for years now. I would be concerned if they were left out in the elements though.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I would say if you like the sound of that deal, go for it! I’ve never read into Maxxis tires so I can’t tell you anything about them.

So did you buy them? I wouldn't have a problem with them being 2 years old, or being left outside. My tire's get left outside in the sun every day, climate controlled by Mother Nature.

Top Bottom