Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the ecodiesel or turbo engine worth waiting for??

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Itís funny Iíve heard the same thing too, but I sold countless EcoDiesels and not once did I ever have a customer coming into our service department for anything other than regular maintenance. In fact I only ever recall one ever being in the shop for anything other then regular maintenance and it was because the dudes wife put gasoline instead of diesel in it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    ☝️☝️This

They are great if you drive it yourself.

Don't let wives, girlfriends, brothers, or especially employees drive one. They WILL fuck it up.
    Once they have had either gas or DEF in the fuel tank, they are never the same.
    Mine (the one I got new) got passed down to an employee. After an $8,000 repair, it now gets 18 to 20 mpg instead of 26 to 28 like it did when I drove it.

I also had a Chevy Cruze Diesel fee years ago. It got 46+ mpg until the wife's daughter drove it one time and put gas in it. After repairs, it never broke 40 mpg after that.

Fresh Catch
    I have a JK 6 spd 2 dr Rubicon and a 2005 auto LJ and like them both, so I am not in hurry to jump on the JL bandwagon but, I am intrigued by the eventual 3.0 diesel option. A 240 hp 400 foot pound diesel might be really sweet -- if it works reliably. Wait and see mode for me.

Gotta think that FCA has been working hard to improve that VM Motori motor, but I have also heard something about FCA coming out with an entirely new diesel (probably internet BS though).
    2015 JK 2dr 6spd 4.56 gearing 33" tires AEV 2.5 in lift
    2005 LJ auto 4.88 gearing 33 in tires BDS 3 in lift

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    This

They are great if you drive it yourself.

Don't let wives, girlfriends, brothers, or especially employees drive one. They WILL fuck it up.
    Once they have had either gas or DEF in the fuel tank, they are never the same.
    Mine (the one I got new) got passed down to an employee. After an $8,000 repair, it now gets 18 to 20 mpg instead of 26 to 28 like it did when I drove it.

I also had a Chevy Cruze Diesel fee years ago. It got 46+ mpg until the wife's daughter drove it one time and put gas in it. After repairs, it never broke 40 mpg after that.
    You'd think it wasn't that hard. I used to mess with a coworker. All our trucks have been diesel and we had a loaner powerwagon from the office. It was gas but everytime I was with him and he was putting gas in it is yell "what are you doing it takes diesel". That truck got more gas baths when he ripped the nozzle out of the tank..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonopah View Post
    I have a JK 6 spd 2 dr Rubicon and a 2005 auto LJ and like them both, so I am not in hurry to jump on the JL bandwagon but, I am intrigued by the eventual 3.0 diesel option. A 240 hp 400 foot pound diesel might be really sweet -- if it works reliably. Wait and see mode for me.

Gotta think that FCA has been working hard to improve that VM Motori motor, but I have also heard something about FCA coming out with an entirely new diesel (probably internet BS though).
    i'm in a 2017 JKU. So, i'm a couple of years away from potentially upgrading to a JL or JT. Plenty of time to see the diesel come out.

Fresh Catch
    So the 3.0 eco diesel is now supposed to be 260hp/480fps of torque. A Gen ll eco diesel that will roll out in the Ram and presumably the wrangler/gladiator. Yet more intriguing.
    2015 JK 2dr 6spd 4.56 gearing 33" tires AEV 2.5 in lift
    2005 LJ auto 4.88 gearing 33 in tires BDS 3 in lift

Iím glad to hear that itís a second generation. I had a 3.0 Eco Diesel in a Grand Cherokee that I sold a few years back and Iím still getting recall notices including a pretty major one I received in the mail yesterday.

Is the ecodiesel or turbo engine worth waiting for??

Totally different engine, but similar in size and power, but I have a 2015 Audi Q7 TDI. Itís a 3.0L V-6 VW engine with the same 8 speed trans thatíll be behind the JL/JT. It weighs 5500lbs. It accelerates quick for its size, and I get just shy of 30mpg on the highway (28-29ish at 75mph), and I get 24-25mpg with a 50/50 mix of city/hwy driving. It rarely revs above 2500rpm. It typically shifts at 1800-2200rpm. It merges into the highway quickly and quietly without revving very high. It passes other cars on the highway and climbs grades without ever downshifting out of 8th gear, and holds speeds on grades without much throttle input and without downshifting. I fuel it up once a month. Itís had the emissions ďfixĒ done due to the VW dieselgate emissions scandal, and itís still amazing. Love it. If the diesel the JL/JT will get is anything close to the driving experience I have in my Q7, Iíll be stoked. The power is similar. IIRC my Audi TDI is rated at 240hp and 408ft/lbs of torque.

Last edited by highoctane; 07-11-2019 at 04:44 AM.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123