Is the ecodiesel or turbo engine worth waiting for??

Gtb

I hear there has been many issues with the ecodiesel and that it’s not reliable. I won’t the torque of the diesel but not at the cost of reliability.

I haven’t heard much about the turbo.

I see Eddie’s not waiting so maybe I’m over thinking things and should go with what’s available now?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wish a V8 would be an option but since it won’t be I’ll most likely roll the dice on a diesel. I’m not a fan of the pentastar.

Exodus 4x4

I’ve driven the turbo and while I thought it was good, I can’t bring myself to go to a smaller displacement. I’ll most likely upgrade mine to a V8 someday, so I went with the Pentastar. Not a fan of the diesel option just because of the emissions.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Interesting thought on this - in some states (including CO) you can't legally go from diesel to gas or vice versa and stay street legal. I was opting to wait on a diesel option, but now that I discovered that fact, I may just get the gas and plan to upgrade at some point or another.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I read the tow rating on the Diesel is lower than with th V6, I think that is weird considering the Diesel has more torque.

Deola

I’m going to at least wait and see how it sounds closer to the 3.0s launch. Since I hear it’s going back in the 1500 and the jlu I can’t see them shooting themselves in the foot and relaunching something with issues on multiple platforms

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
IMO I’d wait until the diesel has been out for a year and people have real world reviews with some good miles on them. I’d rather wait a couple years and make sure I’m getting the one that I really want instead of jumping in and then realizing a year down the road I want the other. Also, maybe the markup on these things will have come down by then.

longarmwj

IMO I’d wait until the diesel has been out for a year and people have real world reviews with some good miles on them. I’d rather wait a couple years and make sure I’m getting the one that I really want instead of jumping in and then realizing a year down the road I want the other. Also, maybe the markup on these things will have come down by then.

Honestly I wouldn’t be concerned about the motor in the JL. It isn’t brand new tech. They’ve had that engine/tranny combo for years now

MericaMade

I hear there has been many issues with the ecodiesel and that it’s not reliable. I won’t the torque of the diesel but not at the cost of reliability.

I haven’t heard much about the turbo.

I see Eddie’s not waiting so maybe I’m over thinking things and should go with what’s available now?

My buddy is a service manager at a local Dodge/Jeep dealership and said the exact same thing as your hearing. He said he was not impressed with anything about it.

Exodus 4x4

My buddy is a service manager at a local Dodge/Jeep dealership and said the exact same thing as your hearing. He said he was not impressed with anything about it.

I too have heard this and was a deciding factor not to wait. Besides, I’m sure in a few years we’ll be pulling the 3.6 and dropping in a Hemi like all the cool kids. Unless the JL/JT LS swap is more streamlined by then.

longarmwj

It’s funny I’ve heard the same thing too, but I sold countless EcoDiesels and not once did I ever have a customer coming into our service department for anything other than regular maintenance. In fact I only ever recall one ever being in the shop for anything other then regular maintenance and it was because the dudes wife put gasoline instead of diesel in it.

Top Bottom