No throttle repsonse - TPC?

Alan McDermott

I was on the highway last night and suddenly lost throttle response. I was able to drive it home in limp mode doing 5-15 mph, depending on hills.

The codes are:

P0128 Coolant Thermostat (I think that is from a coolant leak)
P0123 Throttle Position Sensor A Circuit High Input
P0222 Throttle Position Sensor B Circuit High Input
P2111 Throttle Actuator Control System Stuck Open

Is my TPC/TPS bad?

How hard is this to change?

What else should I check?

WJCO

Meme King
I was on the highway last night and suddenly lost throttle response. I was able to drive it home in limp mode doing 5-15 mph, depending on hills.

The codes are:

P0128 Coolant Thermostat (I think that is from a coolant leak)
P0123 Throttle Position Sensor A Circuit High Input
P0222 Throttle Position Sensor B Circuit High Input
P2111 Throttle Actuator Control System Stuck Open

Is my TPC/TPS bad?

How hard is this to change?

What else should I check?

Wow the response has been spectacular. Why did I come here?

Your thread has had 97 views. I can assure you that if someone had the answer or a tip, they would have posted it here. Keep your pants on.

I personally haven't encountered this symptom but the first thing that I would do is clear codes to see if they come back and visually inspect the wires around the throttle body. Look for tears, corrosion, etc and make sure the connector is tight.

In the meantime, I still want to know the answer to this question that hasn't been answered to my satisfaction:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100929105400AAmjb99

JK_0311

Your thread has had 97 views. I can assure you that if someone had the answer or a tip, they would have posted it here. Keep your pants on.

I personally haven't encountered this symptom but the first thing that I would do is clear codes to see if they come back and visually inspect the wires around the throttle body. Look for tears, corrosion, etc and make sure the connector is tight.

In the meantime, I still want to know the answer to this question that hasn't been answered to my satisfaction:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100929105400AAmjb99

If this is true, I want one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Is this still happening from back in March or did you figure that out? If so what fixed it last time?

Top Bottom