Towing

JKEmmy

Quick question......2015 Jku Sahara.... So 44 rear. Regeared 4.10 gears. I'm pretty sure its rated to tow 3500lbs. I recently read something that said if it's a manual that it is only rated to 2000. Anyone know if this is accurate or not? I ask because mine is a manual and we tow a maybe 15 1600 pound teardrop regularly. We recently had our rear pinion seal and pinion gear bite the dust. Curious if towing might have done it. Thanks everyone!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Quick question......2015 Jku Sahara.... So 44 rear. Regeared 4.10 gears. I'm pretty sure its rated to tow 3500lbs. I recently read something that said if it's a manual that it is only rated to 2000. Anyone know if this is accurate or not? I ask because mine is a manual and we tow a maybe 15 1600 pound teardrop regularly. We recently had our rear pinion seal and pinion gear bite the dust. Curious if towing might have done it. Thanks everyone!

It’s 3500

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

harley97

I have a 2012 JKUR manual. I tow a Starcraft 11RT popup trailer with a dry weight of 2700lbs. It tows well. I did add a brake controller and a weight distribution hitch. Tow weight is definitely 3500.

Top Bottom