Thread: Warn control pack relocation

Fresh Catch

Warn control pack relocation

So I know that not many bother relocating the control packs on the Zeon winches. And honestly Iíve never put any thought into it until it came time to replace my radiator (44k miles) and needed to get the damn grill off. Anyways, got the long relocation kit and have no idea where to relocate it to. The engine bay it too busy as it is. Any ideas? I will say that after taking the control pack off, I think Iím really gonna like not having it there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

3.8 or 3.6 ?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Fresh Catch
    Itís a 3.6

Fresh Catch
    And it the wireless control pack which might make it a little bigger. I was thinking about sticking in the cargo area but was concerned about the voltage drop moving it that far away

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Don't have a Warn Zeon but would just removing the control pack cover give enough clearance to remove the grill? And if you do relocate do you just put the cover back on for appearance?

Fresh Catch
    The only way to get the cover off is to first remove the whole control pack. Itís not that big of a deal to do but not fun either. And the cover stays off. Give the winch a more low profile look I guess.

I donít have a zeon but remote mounted my control pack behind the winch under the grille works great and hasnít been an issue getting submerged. I mounted the controller plug behind the grille for easy access.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeboy03 View Post
    And it the wireless control pack which might make it a little bigger. I was thinking about sticking in the cargo area but was concerned about the voltage drop moving it that far away

If you're using the wires in their kit and not cutting them, voltage drop won't change regardless of where you mount it. Iirc, the long kit is only 6-7 feet, so that won't reach the cargo area anyways. Personally, I wouldn't put it back there.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Fresh Catch
    Yeah the long kit isnít really long at all. Iíd have to extend the wires to put it anywhere past the engine bay. I may have to just put it all back where it was...