How to Moab EJS

Big b

After years of watching from the sidelines and dreaming of the day that we could take a road trip to Moab it looks like next year is the year. My question is what would be the best plan if we could only attend for three or four days? We would be traveling as a family of four from Georgia on the kids spring break (same week as EJS 2020). It would take us a minimum of 2-3 days to get there and the same back. We just want to maximize our time there and plan on making room or condo reservations soon. We should be traveling in a lightly modified JT gladiator and would want to ride trails suited for beginners/intermediate as we have never traveled out west in our previous Jeeps. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Check out rr4w.com. It is the Red Rock 4 Wheelers club site that host the annual EJS...it has trail descriptions and EJS registration info

fiend

Caught the Bug
Also get the Funtreks/Charles Wells book on Moab. It lists probably 200 trails, provides directions, and categorizes them by difficulty.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Check out rr4w.com. It is the Red Rock 4 Wheelers club site that host the annual EJS...it has trail descriptions and EJS registration info

This.

Consider signing up for trails in the 3-4 level of difficulty. The RRW trails are guided by very experienced professionals and interesting history of the area and trail details will be passed over the CB during your trail run. (Get a CB if you do not have one) Additionally you will meet fellow Jeepers and make lots of new friends. Also if something unfortunate happens on the trail you will have plenty of help and will not be stranded. If you have three days on the ground think about signing up for two days of trails and use the third day to sight-see, hike, or explore on your own.

Also as mentioned get the guide book and download the trails on to an offline capable/satellite mapping device.

The only bad thing about Moab is having to wait for your next trip!

Bustedback

You better book a place to stay right now! If you plan on camping there’s a KAO at the south end of town, it’s very close to the trails and is very clean. There’s other places to camp too, but the KOA is most convenient. The Red Stone Inn is very affordable, but too small for more than two people. All of the condos and townhouses are probably booked already. Moab is an awesome place, I went last year for the first time, now it’s my annual vacation destination from now on.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Bustedback

Also get the Funtreks/Charles Wells book on Moab. It lists probably 200 trails, provides directions, and categorizes them by difficulty.

I have that book, it’s very useful and informative. There’s also an app that is even more detailed.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
You need to plan ahead, way ahead if you want to attend EJS. We, like many others, make the next years accommodation reservations while we are attending EJS. Spots, especially for camping/RV’s fill up fast. Best to make reservations now, they require a deposit but it is refundable if you have to cancel within the cancellation period.

Go to the RR4W site and register your vehicle ( you are only creating an account to use later for registration). Get on the RR4W & EJS official FB pages to keep uprised of what’s going on. Official registration is typically the 3rdish Monday of January at 10am MT. Registration is an online free for all. You really want to be online when registration opens to ensure you get the trails you want on the days you want.

Keep in mind this is the biggest Jeep event of the year in the US and is put on by a small club who all volunteer their time and expertise.

Check out the online “magazine” on the RR4W site to read about trails and get general info.

Keep an eye on your favorite vendors FB pages as many of them throw customer appreciation runs, BBQ’s, raffles... almost every day. Lots to see and do, from trails to meet & greets, vendor show to cars shows... Plan on having a great time!

Top Bottom