How to remove a sway bar link on a 2014 JKU Sport?

jeepabout

Hi,

I bought new links and I went to replace the old ones but I can only see one nut on the top connection for the link.
I know stupid question. ;-)
Thank you
sway-bar-linl-2.jpg
sway-bar-link.jpg

jeepabout

Your partly correct, you do need a hex key

So I peeled back the rubber cover and did not find ant opening, then I looked in the end of the bolt on the side where the nut is, that has a hex opening.
Thanks again for the reply.

:thumb:

sway-bar-link-3.jpg

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
So I peeled back the rubber cover and did not find ant opening, then I looked in the end of the bolt on the side where the nut is, that has a hex opening.
Thanks again for the reply.

:thumb:

View attachment 326923

Wtf? Don’t think that’s how you do it. If it works, great.

Image1557791846.643900.jpg

Put a wrench on the left side hex nut on the left side of the sway bar in this pic, then use a socket or another wrench to loosen the nut on the right side of the sway bar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

desertrunner

Wtf? Don’t think that’s how you do it. If it works, great.

View attachment 326930

Put a wrench on the left side hex nut on the left side of the sway bar in this pic, then use a socket or another wrench to loosen the nut on the right side of the sway bar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
This was the place to put a wrench on that I was trying to say on the bushing side... But it's not unheard of to put something like an Allen wrench in the stud of a ball joint to tighten the nut just like you did with the sway bar link but I think you made it harder than you needed haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

toyotire

the OP's swaybar links are not stock links they are Teraflex. They do not have a place for a standard wrench like OEM.

jeepabout

There is no nut on the inside of this model, lucky me.
Thanks for the replies :) 20190514_125052.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom