Heavy Rain?

Redskin0811

This is my first Jeep, during heavy rain storms I’ve noticed that the rear door seals are allowing rain to get into the Cab of the Jeep any fixes for this? It’s a 2013 JKU!

MikeMorJKU

I’m having the same issue from the bottom of both of my front doors.
The dealer dismissed my complaint since they “ couldn’t duplicate the problem “ which is what they replied with for every single issue I had with my Jeep since day one.
I’ll be going to a different dealer from now on, so hopefully I’ll get better results.
I think they have an issue with the robber seal that goes around the doors.
I’ve been having this issue since my Jeep was only one year old.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TomJK

I've had the same thing with my 08 JKUX, but in the front doors. Even going through a car wash I've felt water hitting my leg. Last winter I put in weathertech footwell liners, and now when we get heavy rain there will be water looked in both footwells. I think it's coming from the lower corner (hing side) where the rubber seal is. But I can't find any damage or gaps. It's jeep mystery to me...

TomJK

I've had the same thing with my 08 JKUX, but in the front doors. Even going through a car wash I've felt water hitting my leg. Last winter I put in weathertech footwell liners, and now when we get heavy rain there will be water looked in both footwells. I think it's coming from the lower corner (hing side) where the rubber seal is. But I can't find any damage or gaps. It's jeep mystery to me...

bmkrinne

My 2012 JKUR hardtop leaks around the front drivers door. I think it’s a misalignment condition with the hinges where the door seal doesn’t get a good seal at the upper front corner.

A buddy of mine’s JL leaks in the same place. You would think the engineers at Jeep would figure this shit out at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I put some foam backer rod from home depot inside the door rubber. Just peel it back and stuff it in at the tops of the doors. You can’t even see it. This makes the seal tighter to the jamb when closed.

IMG_0301.JPG

Top Bottom