Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New M416 project

Nothing but a Thing 2007 JKU CANADA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 74CJ5 View Post
    Tires and wheels are on. Still have a few things to do to it, but for the most part it’s done. Need to wire up the Jeep with a new harness to plug the lights in direct and I will add a tailgate as well.
    Attachment 338907Attachment 338908Attachment 338909

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    cleaned it up nicely. Looks good
    2018 sting gray JL Sport
    SOLD my O7 JKUX

Hooked
    Thanks everyone! Can’t wait to take this thing out on a camping trip.

Looks great! Any concerns that the loaded weight of the rack will put too much stress on the body? I read a couple of guys with T3s bending their beds out of square while off-roading after installing RTTs.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinfromohio View Post
    Looks great! Any concerns that the loaded weight of the rack will put too much stress on the body? I read a couple of guys with T3s bending their beds out of square while off-roading after installing RTTs.
    I don’t think so. I’m probably not putting an RTT on there any time soon. I talked with the guy that makes the supports from www.compactcampingstore.com. He said if it was a big RTT that I could throw a third set on there but it should be fine. His website has a ton of photos of other set ups. I don’t think I will have a ton of weight in/on it anyhow. Maybe throw two kayak racks on it and thinking of welding a hitch on the back so I can throw my mountain bikes on there as well.

The more I look at the way your rack is set up, the more I like it. Originally I wanted to build a lid for mine with a rack on it for added security but I think it might hinder oversized items like coolers, tree stands, etc. How did you end up solving your spacer problem?

Hooked

New M416 project

Quote Originally Posted by dustinfromohio View Post
    The more I look at the way your rack is set up, the more I like it. Originally I wanted to build a lid for mine with a rack on it for added security but I think it might hinder oversized items like coolers, tree stands, etc. How did you end up solving your spacer problem?
    Thanks and sorry for the delayed reply. As far as the spacers were concerned I returned them and got a pair from a local manufacturer that worked great.

So the rack comes off quickly and easily so I decided to do another set-up as well. This one is purely based on the ability to take 2 mountain bikes and 2 kayaks. Rest of the gear would be stored underneath. Probably going to make a cargo net the size of the tub to make sure nothing flies out at highway speeds. Here are a few shots of it loaded up when I was test fitting all the racks. IMG_7712.jpgIMG_7705.jpgIMG_7715.jpg

Nothing but a Thing Saharaunlmtd's Avatar

New M416 project

Quote Originally Posted by 74CJ5 View Post
    Thanks and sorry for the delayed reply. As far as the spacers were concerned I returned them and got a pair from a local manufacturer that worked great.

So the rack comes off quickly and easily so I decided to do another set-up as well. This one is purely based on the ability to take 2 mountain bikes and 2 kayaks. Rest of the gear would be stored underneath. Probably going to make a cargo net the size of the tub to make sure nothing flies out at highway speeds. Here are a few shots of it loaded up when I was test fitting all the racks. IMG_7712.jpgIMG_7705.jpgIMG_7715.jpg

That is such an awesome setup!

I had a dream of doing a build like that a few years ago and ended up with with a tractor supply 4x6 utility trailer. Those things are hard to find and pricey.

Last edited by Saharaunlmtd; 05-23-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Awesome trailer!! Perfect for a weekend camping trip. As well as having the space to haul all the activities.

Awesome trailer you did a great job!Im thinking about something similar but these are getting hard to find.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234