New M416 project

74CJ5

Just found and bought an M416 trailer that is only about an hour or so away from me. I already have a big M101A and I love it, but I have always wanted an M416. They are harder and harder to find, especially at a decent price and within reasonable driving distance to me. I hope to pick it up on Sunday. They already put Jeep hubs on it (5x4.5). Looking forward to cleaning it up and turning it into a nice trailer to tow behind the Jeep. IMG_3107.jpg IMG_3108.jpg IMG_3109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Just found and bought an M416 trailer that is only about an hour or so away from me. I already have a big M101A and I love it, but I have always wanted an M416. They are harder and harder to find, especially at a decent price and within reasonable driving distance to me. I hope to pick it up on Sunday. They already put Jeep hubs on it (5x4.5). Looking forward to cleaning it up and turning it into a nice trailer to tow behind the Jeep. View attachment 327177 View attachment 327178 View attachment 327179

Right on. I’ll be following along. I’m hoping to build one up as well this fall.

Abntroop

What are the differences between 101a and this?

101 is the Canadian version of the 416. The CDN M101 took most of the faults (Not that there are many, but a few) of the US M416 and fixed it. Square "tube" on the top of the bed. No provisions to float it, but 4 drain holes. Beefier frame. thicker bed. Tiedowns in the bed. Sling/tie down points from and rear. Reinforcements on the bed. Those are the major ones

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
M101A is a 3/4 ton trailer. Much larger. Here is mine when I first got it and after i put a rack on it and painted it to match the Jeep. Now i have to give it a new paint job since the new Jeep is black. Hated getting rid of that Sahara Tan. View attachment 329530 View attachment 329531

There’s actually an M101 candadian which is very similar to the M416. This is generally what people are speaking about when comparing a 101 and 416.

Edit: just realized someone already posted that same comment. My bad, carry on.

Last edited:

74CJ5

Cleaned it up and put a coat of primer/paint on it. Hopping to do the spring over axle in the next few weeks and see if 35’s fit without modifying the fenders. Also, bought and powder coated some no-weld rack brackets. It’s slow going but it’s going. IMG_3587.jpg IMG_3585.jpg IMG_3586.jpg IMG_3589.jpg IMG_3590.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
That is one great looking trailer! I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

74CJ5

Put a rack on the M416 today. It can come off without tools if I want to put on some kayak carriers or maybe an RTT someday. Need to move the quick fist placement to hold the maul a little better. Still need to get 35’s on. IMG_4201.jpg IMG_4203.jpg

Top Bottom