Evo plush ride coils bowing - a lot

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Have Evo 3” plush rides on all 4 corners . The rear is sagging and especially the back right ... causing a noticeable lean .

Went under to check it out and found the springs bowing a lot .

First photo is back right . Second is back left . The fronts seem fine .

Thoughts ? Are these bad coils ?

IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WillysJkJeeper

U need some rear spring correction brackets my 2 door looked the same and the tractbar was rubbing the spring.Couple brands out there rough country or rock crawler. It fixed the problem and made the spring line up and now its not hitting trackbar.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
U need some rear spring correction brackets my 2 door looked the same and the tractbar was rubbing the spring.Couple brands out there rough country or rock crawler. It fixed the problem and made the spring line up and now its not hitting trackbar.

No he doesn’t.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Any issues driving it like this ? Don’t think it’s rubbing track bar currently — at least not much . Back right already has a 2” spacer compared to the other corners that have 0.5” spacer so the lean is pretty strange

fiend

Caught the Bug
Front looks ok. Back looks jacked up to me. Try some synergy coil wedges. A 25 buck product that may help. Also try shortening your control arms.

rubiDave

Doesn't look like the axle is tilted much, just too far back. Also, you have some room to shorten the rear LCA a bit. Do that first to pull the axle forward. If that tilts the axle too much you might need the correction wedge.
I put the 3 inch EVOs on my 2 door and they're not bowed like that. But my rear LCAs are at about minimum adjustment. I'm running the wedges. Don't have a good pic at drive height but here's one at max droop when I was doing the installation. 20190407_175918.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Front looks ok. Back looks jacked up to me. Try some synergy coil wedges. A 25 buck product that may help. Also try shortening your control arms.

Doesn't look like the axle is tilted much, just too far back. Also, you have some room to shorten the rear LCA a bit. Do that first to pull the axle forward. If that tilts the axle too much you might need the correction wedge.
I put the 3 inch EVOs on my 2 door and they're not bowed like that. But my rear LCAs are at about minimum adjustment. I'm running the wedges. Don't have a good pic at drive height but here's one at max droop when I was doing the installation. View attachment 327236

Seems like consensus on shortening LCAs and trying out wedges at the same time . Seems outside of my technical comfort haha. Prob take it to the shop

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Brought into shop and they did all measurements and control arms are the right length for the lift height . Shop says coils are bad and that I need new rear coils . Since I didn’t buy them from evo — they were used — not sure have any recourse here

Last edited:

BaddestCross

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Brought into shop and they did all measurements and control arms are the right length for the lift height . Shop says coils are bad and that I need new rear coils . Since I didn’t buy them from evo — they were used — not sure have any recourse here

I call BS. Post up what your lower arms currently measure eye to eye. Factory arms measure 19-5/8″. At MOST, they should only be about 1/8" or so longer than that. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet you're more like an inch off.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

Take it to another shop. Like others have said, shortening your lowers should bring things back into alignment. If you have the means to do it yourself, it’s really not that difficult.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I call BS. Post up what your lower arms currently measure eye to eye. Factory arms measure 19-5/8″. At MOST, they should only be about 1/8" or so longer than that. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet you're more like an inch off.

What do others running 3” enforcer on 4 doors have as measurements ? I can check this later and see..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What do others running 3” enforcer on 4 doors have as measurements ? I can check this later and see..

Technically, you should be running stock length as your axle travels in an arc. At full stuff, you still want your wheels centered in the wheel wells. To help correct the "look" of being off center at ride height, I typically set rear lower control arms at about 1/8"-1/4" longer than stock (about 19-3/4") with a 3" lift. Anything more than that and you WILL have issues as you are seeing right now.

rubiDave

Your recourse would be to find a new shop. If your coils are bad its probably from from running them with too long control arms. Probably explains all the interference you had at the rear pinch seam when you went to 37s.

Looks like you can shorten the lowers, can't tell how much room is left on the uppers. 20190520_144259.jpeg

MericaMade

This was posted in the Enforcer thread for length reference.

Quote Originally Posted by gpmech7 View Post
I just bought this same kit with the drag link flip kit....

Links to install info were'nt working.

Called EVO and was told the following:

Front Upper: 18 3/4
Front Lower: 22 7/8
Rear Upper: 17 1/2
Rear Lower: 19 3/4

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Well WAL 2 - Shop 0 . Went back and measured and LCAs are about 20.5” eye to eye . They didn’t have time today and I need to find a new shop . That’s now 3 separate shops in LA that have had goofs on something straight forward .

May look into doing this myself after I get back from Memorial Day trip . For now I’m assuming driving as is won’t hurt ? Lot of weight in the back so was thinking of going to dual rate springs as well.

Damn what a hassle . Thanks for the advice .

Top Bottom