Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Tire Carrier that Opens with Gate

  1. #11
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,130
    Don’t have one but the ACE looks cool. On their marketing video, any way.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I'm talking about the Atlas bumper and carrier I have on her now.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    That’s a serious beast. I can see why you want to get rid of it


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  3. #13
    Old Timer wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Don’t have one but the ACE looks cool. On their marketing video, any way.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I put the ace of a friend of mine’s LJ and it was equally as good of quality as the AEV. No rattling at all


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  4. #14
    Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Thinking about changing things up on Fiona... Need to move some of the rear weight forward.

    Looking at purchasing a tire carrier that opens with the tailgate. EVO is an option and I know there's others, but it's been so long since I've looked at them I forgot what companies offer them.

    If you've got something for sale, let me know. If you've got opinions on different options, please let me know that too. ��

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    I have tested a few out and here are my opinions.

    The PS bumper tire carrier was nice but did rattle and it was a lot of work to get the tire off because you needed to remove the light and plate to get to the tire.

    Genright tire cage carrier, hands down the best. ZERO noise and easy to install. No skins needed and works with stock rear lights. Stop lock is a cool feature and the rubber isolators are a great idea to stop rattles, Wish I could do this with the EVO one.

    EVO mounted carrier, Great all around even though you will feel a little weight when swinging the door open this would be my go to if I was to go away from the cage tire carrier. On the JL removing the light, plate, and camera, to remove tire is a good amount of work. I think its different on the JK.

    This weekend I install the EVO cage and skins carrier. IMO best out there and strong as shit, I just need to make some little adjustments to get rid of the little rattling I am hearing. I never once heard the Genright rattle.

  5. #15
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    I have tested a few out and here are my opinions.

    The PS bumper tire carrier was nice but did rattle and it was a lot of work to get the tire off because you needed to remove the light and plate to get to the tire.

    Genright tire cage carrier, hands down the best. ZERO noise and easy to install. No skins needed and works with stock rear lights. Stop lock is a cool feature and the rubber isolators are a great idea to stop rattles, Wish I could do this with the EVO one.

    EVO mounted carrier, Great all around even though you will feel a little weight when swinging the door open this would be my go to if I was to go away from the cage tire carrier. On the JL removing the light, plate, and camera, to remove tire is a good amount of work. I think its different on the JK.

    This weekend I install the EVO cage and skins carrier. IMO best out there and strong as shit, I just need to make some little adjustments to get rid of the little rattling I am hearing. I never once heard the Genright rattle.
    Thanks, but don't want to run a cage-style carrier. Looking for options of carriers that open with the tailgate.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  6. #16
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Don’t have one but the ACE looks cool. On their marketing video, any way.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That one looks pretty good.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  7. #17
    Hooked SLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    216

    Tire Carrier that Opens with Gate

    Assuming you are still running 37’s, I would look at the EVO as top of the list.

    I personally ran the Teraflex carrier and never had one issue with it. It is still my personal favorite but I know most people on here would never consider anything Teraflex. This is the only thing of theirs I would put on my Jeep. I am selling mine now that I moved to 40’s. I wasn’t planning to ship (was hoping to sell locally) unless you were really interested.

    Back to my original suggestion, I’d go EVO if you are totally against Teraflex.
    Last edited by SLO; 05-19-2019 at 09:12 PM.

  8. #18
    Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Thanks, but don't want to run a cage-style carrier. Looking for options of carriers that open with the tailgate.

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Welcome, You cant go wrong the EVO hinge carrier. Also, I messed around with the crawler concepts that seemed pretty stout, its the ultra series jk body mount.

  9. #19
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    Assuming you are still running 37’s, I would look at the EVO as top of the list.

    I personally ran the Teraflex carrier and never had one issue with it. It is still my personal favorite but I know most people on here would never consider anything Teraflex. This is the only thing of theirs I would put on my Jeep. I am selling mine now that I moved to 40’s. I wasn’t planning to ship (was hoping to sell locally) unless you were really interested.

    Back to my original suggestion, I’d go EVO if you are totally against Teraflex.
    Yep, running 37s.

    Thanks for the offer, but since the only thing I've had from TeraFlex were some rear bump stops and they disintegrated, I'm not a huge fan of them. 😂

    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  10. #20
    Nothing but a Thing Arrcherr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Palos Hills
    Posts
    2,242
    I've only had the Evo on for about 6 or 7 months and probably 10k miles. I've been really happy, my only complaint would be that the powder coating and Chicago winter's didn't get along to well. It's not to bad but I did get some surface rust. Really happy with it other than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Evo Mfg. Pro Series Hinged Gate Carrier & Steer Smarts Draglink
    By Benito in forum FOR SALE (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-10-2018, 05:49 AM
  2. EVO Mfg hinged gate carrier - rattles
    By GraniteJeepy in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
  3. LOD Destroyer Shorty with Tire Carrier vs. EVO Hinge Tire Carrier
    By NotInStock in forum General Off-Road Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2017, 12:01 PM
  4. Hinged Gate vs. Bumper Mounted Tire Carrier
    By eazy in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2016, 05:38 PM
  5. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-14-2014, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS