AC line question

Might be a silly question but...

Had my AC compressor replaced last week as the dealer said that’s where the high pitched whine I was getting was coming from (granted I heard something similar a couple times yesterday so maybe that wasn’t it sigh). Anyway I was looking under the hood today and noticed a couple of nicks/gouges in the metal AC lines running around the compressor. Most likely from the compressor coming out/going in. My question...something to be concerned about? They aren’t deep, but your fingernail catches on em. I’m guessing it’s not a problem but wanted some input. Thx

IMG_1546.jpg IMG_1552.jpg

Thanks. Kinda what I figured. Just annoyed they got nicked. Always seems to be some collateral damage. Although I’m probably more careful than the dealer, the compressor is tucked down there pretty good.

Well shit...the reason they replaced the compressor was there was an intermittent high pitched screech/whine between 12-1400rpm. And it’s still there. AC compressor wasn’t the problem. Not happy I dropped a lot of money on something that probably didn’t need replacing and I’ve told them as much. They want to make it right so I’ll give em one more shot, but I’m not putting much more $$ into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiend

Caught the Bug
Well shit...the reason they replaced the compressor was there was an intermittent high pitched screech/whine between 12-1400rpm. And it’s still there. AC compressor wasn’t the problem. Not happy I dropped a lot of money on something that probably didn’t need replacing and I’ve told them as much. They want to make it right so I’ll give em one more shot, but I’m not putting much more $$ into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something like that and it turned out to be the serpentine belt. Splashed a little water on the belt and the sound went away. After the belt dried, the sound returned. Replaced the belt and the sound is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom