1 Ton GM Tie Rod Jam Nut Question.

rmilobrown

Hey Guys, can anybody tell me which direction to loosen the jam nuts? I need to make a toe adjustment on my 7075 aluminum TR. I think passenger is CCW and driver is CW, or rotate the BFW up looking at it from the front. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_120653771.jpg
    IMG_20190407_120653771.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 77

USMC Wrangler

Hey Guys, can anybody tell me which direction to loosen the jam nuts? I need to make a toe adjustment on my 7075 aluminum TR. I think passenger is CCW and driver is CW, or rotate the BFW up looking at it from the front. Thanks for the help!

Haven’t had enough time with mine to remember, but I think you’re correct above.

PS - Everything is way too clean and purdy under there! Go throw some ugly on it and have fun! [emoji6]

Slimebones

Get a good light and get down real close so you can see the exposed threads. They will indicate which way to turn that jam nut to loosen it.

rmilobrown

Haven’t had enough time with mine to remember, but I think you’re correct above.

PS - Everything is way too clean and purdy under there! Go throw some ugly on it and have fun! [emoji6]

LOL, I took the pic right after I did my steering upgrades! I overtightened them and don't want to munger the jam nuts. I need to make a note of direction on the garage wall next to my 5 tire rotation diagram, I can never remember that shit!

rmilobrown

Got It!

Thanks guys, direction was obvious by looking closer at the threads, and I was wrong. Tie rod jam nuts down to loosen, flipped drag link jam nuts up to loosen. And it's written on the garage wall for the next time I forget 😋

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks guys, direction was obvious by looking closer at the threads, and I was wrong. Tie rod jam nuts down to loosen, flipped drag link jam nuts up to loosen. And it's written on the garage wall for the next time I forget 😋
I did a similar thing on my mountain bike once I got the air pressure on the suspension dialed in. Just wrote it on the shock mount and fork crown..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom