Storage solutions in a JK

RubiconNate

I am looking to build a drawer storage system in the back of my 2dr JK. What has everyone done up to this point with their rigs?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am looking to build a drawer storage system in the back of my 2dr JK. What has everyone done up to this point with their rigs?

I just take the rear seat out and load up my rig. I don't really need the back seats when I go on trips so it's no loss when its out. I think a storage drawer that is tight fitting would tough to get in and out without taking the top off. Whatever you do good luck and post it up!

my_jk

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 10.26.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 10.26.20 AM.png

I sketched this slide out system for my 4 door. I want to build it when I find time

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 10.37.12 AM.png
This might be better for a 2 door.

Last edited:

Rivertoys

I always say my 2dr is good for 2 people for the weekend, or 4 for the day.

We have done the 4 of us for the weekend, using a Harbor Freight hitch tray for the Cooler and some of the overnight bags. We were able to leave the tray at the cabin we were staying at though. I would not want to off-road much with that tray. When we don't have the kids, or it's just me and one other person, I leave the back seat at home, and we have plenty of room. If I didn't have the kids, I would probably take the seat out all the time, and get one of those shelves that mounts halfway up and attaches to the rollbar on each side.

Top Bottom