Lift help. Taking off front springs

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I don't remember running into this issue before but I can't seem to lower my axle on the driver side far enough to remove the front coils. I've removed the shocks, sway bar, track bar, and loosened brake lines. Anything else I can do to loosen the axle to make it droop a little more?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

USMC Wrangler

I don't remember running into this issue before but I can't seem to lower my axle on the driver side far enough to remove the front coils. I've removed the shocks, sway bar, track bar, and loosened brake lines. Anything else I can do to loosen the axle to make it droop a little more?

Removing driveshaft at the diff has helped me before.

WJCO

Meme King
Sometimes jacking up the passenger side will make the driver's side go lower. As long as something else isn't binding.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
It was the driveshaft. Hung up on the muffler. Thsnks guys

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
You guys have any tips on tightening a spinning drag link end?

WJCO

Meme King

Box wrench or gear wrench and vice grips. (Provided that the drag link end doesn't have an internal hex bore in the end of the stud. )

USMC Wrangler

Is it OE? Should have an allen head in the stud. 7mm if I remember correctly.

Box wrench or gear wrench and vice grips. (Provided that the drag link end doesn't have an internal hex bore in the end of the stud. )

Yep ^

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
That got it. Allen and vice grips. Thsnks again. I owe yall some beer!

jesse3638

Hooked
Was also going to suggest checking the locker wiring (if it's equipped with oem e-locker). When doing my gussets that's what hung mine up but I felt like I was going to break something trying to get it apart so I left it and just pulled the coil up and out of the way.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom