VIDEO : MILD 2 WILD - 2019 JEEP EXPERIENCE at Katemcy Rocks Texas - PART 2

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Part 2 of MILD 2 WILD highlights the main event at the 2019 Nitto Jeep Experience presented by KMC Wheels. Although it rained on us for the better part of the day, Texas is usually pretty hot this time of year and so it was actually a welcomed sight being that it did such a great job of helping to keep things cool. Of course, the added water and subsequent mud we got from it did have a way of making trails such as Fence Line, School Bus, Devil's Draw, King of the Hill and Little Debbie, a bit more of a challenge. Because that this was an all breeds Jeep event, we did have the pleasure of wheeling with rigs other than your typical JK or JL Wrangler but I think it's fair to say there was only one rig, that everyone was eager to see in action - the badass EVO Jeep Gladiator Truck, also known as the OG 40. We hope you enjoy our presentation.

Oh, and because I know it's coming, yes, a number of people were having issues with their e-lockers including us. PSC and DANA were having issues with their front (faulty aftermarket switch system) and we were having issues with our rear (turned out to be a partially severed harness). Without question, this had a way of making things... a bit more interesting. :crazyeyes:

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to our good friends Mel and Lisa from EVO for inviting us to this truly amazing wheeling event. We'd also like to thank the good folks at Katemcy Rocks for allowing us to play on their awesome property. Last but not least, we'd like to thank Tom and Kim from PSC, Rachel and Randall from DANA and all the other participants who joined us in the fun. I have to say that Texans really are some of the nicest people we've met anywhere and we truly had a great time with ya'll! :D

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release.

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE: And the WINNER is ScoobyCarolanNC

:cool:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Just got through watching the second video and was awestruck with the geography involved. There's an advertisement for a fast food chain that kept going through my mind as I watched the video and to paraphrase the ad: " We have the rocks.....for Jeeps !"

Exodus 4x4

As always, great job! Watching that video kills me that our JT isn’t here yet. I’m glad you guys were close to it to capture all the stuff I missed being in the other group that day.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Gnarly Stuff!! I can’t get enough of watching Mel wheel that beast... so high five on the bonus footage!! And Jet sure did take a beating too. [emoji15] Awesome Video. [emoji1605]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Great video. It looked like those wet rocks definitely added to the level of difficulty. I can’t get enough of the EVO Gladiator. Makes me almost want 40’s...almost. ;)

Brute

Hooked
Great video. It looked like those wet rocks definitely added to the level of difficulty. I can’t get enough of the EVO Gladiator. Makes me almost want 40’s...almost. ;)

Great Part Two...the wet tires definitely made it more difficult to stay on the line...

And Sharkmeister, you will definitely want 40's once you try them on the truck...it is a world of difference.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I can see why you wished you had Mody, you really put Jet to work be it preformed! It was awesome watch Mel work that monster up those lines. The Rig is insane!

Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for taking us along!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

I gotta say that “gatekeeper” was one of the craziest obstacles yet! Looks like an amazing time was had by everyone. I’d love a follow up up walk around of jet-li because he got hammered! It looked like your tie rod took a hell of a beating!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Watching it now. Gotta say, that’s pretty badass for a mall-crawler [emoji23][emoji23]. Nice to see it wasn’t 100° + down there this year.

Oh yeah, I think we were all glad to see the rain. Sure made the event super nice :yup:

“Difficult, but not extreme” quote of the year

:cheesy: It was the real deal to me but I saw some of the other obstacles out there and he's right. :crazyeyes:

Just got through watching the second video and was awestruck with the geography involved. There's an advertisement for a fast food chain that kept going through my mind as I watched the video and to paraphrase the ad: " We have the rocks.....for Jeeps !"

:cheesy: Love it! :clap2:

As always, great job! Watching that video kills me that our JT isn’t here yet. I’m glad you guys were close to it to capture all the stuff I missed being in the other group that day.

Thanks Bubba. It was killing us as well that we didn't have our JT yet. Hopefully the next time we see you, we can actually wheel together instead of just drive past each other :crazyeyes:

Gnarly Stuff!! I can’t get enough of watching Mel wheel that beast... so high five on the bonus footage!! And Jet sure did take a beating too. [emoji15] Awesome Video. [emoji1605]

Glad you liked what you saw :)

Another great video! Nice work and thank you.

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Another half hour well spent on my end. Thanks for the hours/days it took to film and create these two videos!!

Awesome :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It wasn't so much the wetness but rather, the mud on our tires. That just greased things up and definitely kicked things up a notch. As far as 40's go, there no "almost" about it. They are what you are gonna want :yup:

haha! My wife turned to me and said - I think Mel is calibrated a little different than we are!

:cheesy:

Great Part Two...the wet tires definitely made it more difficult to stay on the line...

And Sharkmeister, you will definitely want 40's once you try them on the truck...it is a world of difference.

This ^^^^ :yup: :D

I can see why you wished you had Mody, you really put Jet to work be it preformed! It was awesome watch Mel work that monster up those lines. The Rig is insane!

Thanks again Eddie and Cindy for taking us along!

I won't lie, it'd been a while since I've wheels 37's on a standard coil and shock lift and it was definitely a challenge... but, in a fun way. :yup:

I gotta say that “gatekeeper” was one of the craziest obstacles yet! Looks like an amazing time was had by everyone. I’d love a follow up up walk around of jet-li because he got hammered! It looked like your tie rod took a hell of a beating!

Yup, super happy with our Synergy tie-rod. Took a hell of a beating and it held up great!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yet another great video! Looks like it’s a place to add to my list of destination wheeling locations [emoji106]

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Awesome video, thanks Eddie!

I did not realize there were places to wheel like this in Texas. Amazing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom