Antirock Vs. Swayloc Vs. Genright

Jheapr

Let’s talk off-road sway bars. I had an antirock on my TJ and absolutely loved it, but now that I’m in a JK I’m turned off by the lack of adjustability. So with that being said, who has a good amount of knowledge on the subject?

I have a 2013 unlimited on 14” coilovers and 40’s, it’s basically lifted to the moon and I’d really like to have less body roll in off camber situations, but maintain suspension travel as well as I can. What do you think?
IMG_7135.jpg

dytrdr5

I have one and I like the way it handles off-road, yes it could have been a little bit stiffer for on-road use but it works. It’s a Jeep and not an M3, my opinion. You have way more flex than I do though IMG_7347.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I can’t speak about the other two...but I had front Anti Rocks on two jeeps...and removed them both. One snapped a retaining bolt on an obstacle...and both required constant tightening of the clamps of the splined arms to the sway bar, which eventually rounded off the teeth...I would never put them on another Jeep...

Exodus 4x4

I switched from Rubi to a SwayLoc about a year ago and can’t say I regret it. I don’t think it limits my flex at all but as I’ve previously stated, I think the heavier your setup is the better the SwayLoc or Anti Rock work. I’m not a fan of the AR at all. I’ve never personally run it but I’ve ridden with several who have it and it’s not a comfortable feeling going through a turn.

I have no experience with whatever GenRight is selling.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are plenty of Currie products I love but their Antirock isn't one of them. I've done an apples to apples comparison between 2 built up JK's running the exact same suspension system only one had Rubicon e-lockers and the other had Antirocks. Ramping both up on the same display stand, the limit in flex was clear as day on the Antirocks. Of course, on pavement, the swaybar is way too soft for my taste but then, that's just me.

The only experience I have with SwayLOC is on my old TJ and when it worked, it worked pretty well but I had a couple arms break off and because of it, I've been reluctant to try it again - especially being that I have a Rubicon e-locker.

No experience with anything GenRight.

jdofmemi

To sum up a lot of posts here, the Anti Rock is the worst of both worlds.

It is too soft for the street, allowing a lot of lean in the corners. This is especially evident on mountain roads.

It is too stiff for the trail, preventing a lot of usable wheel travel.

On a recent run to Calico, the only JK with them lifted a rear tire 4 feet off the ground going down a ledge, nearly tipping over. The other five rigs with stock Rubicon sway bars disconnected kept all four on the ground and were not tippy at all.

On a 20 degree RTI ramp, a guy I was with, with coil overs, only did a 700+/-, mine, with just a basic 3" lift and stock Rubicon sway bar did 1000+.

We pulled his links off, and he ran again, getting nearly identical 1000+

bhaner

I have been happy so far with my front and rear antirock.

I have not been on an RTI yet... But eventually I will give that a go. It flexes enough on the trails to show me where I need to trim more. :cheesy:

It does feel stable off-road and on-road. I don't get that body roll feeling on off camber trails like I did with my TJ that had disconnects.

I do have the all steel version... Not sure if that makes a difference. But I did hear bad things about the splines on the aluminum version.

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I have the anti rocks and constantly have to tighten mine. When I get lazy about it I have gone through 2 sets of aluminum arms... when they round out they pop a ton.

MericaMade

Per GenRight "Will only work on 70" wide axle with no more than 5" back spaced wheel (on a 40" tire)." I looked into their setup in the past but decided against all anti-rocks after reading numerous issues with them.

Last edited:

Jheapr

I have been happy so far with my front and rear antirock.

I have not been on an RTI yet... But eventually I will give that a go. It flexes enough on the trails to show me where I need to trim more. :cheesy:

It does feel stable off-road and on-road. I don't get that body roll feeling on off camber trails like I did with my TJ that had disconnects.

I do have the all steel version... Not sure if that makes a difference. But I did hear bad things about the splines on the aluminum version.

Tons of help, thank you. I think I will be going currie front and rear.

dytrdr5

I think if Evo came up with an antirock a lot more people on this site would be all over it like a fat kid on a candy bar, after all I have seen at least 3 parts that were hated on this forum going on the WAYALIFE JL recently

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think if Evo came up with an antirock a lot more people on this site would be all over it like a fat kid on a candy bar, after all I have seen at least 3 parts that were hated on this forum going on the WAYALIFE JL recently

:cheesy: ummm, they did and it sucked. The torsion bar was way too soft and it would break. I would say that I would never recommend it but they stopped making them years ago. But hey, you're the expert here and with all the answers. :crazyeyes:

dytrdr5

:cheesy: ummm, they did and it sucked. The torsion bar was way too soft and it would break. I would say that I would never recommend it but they stopped making them years ago. But hey, you're the expert here and with all the answers. :crazyeyes:

Trust me, I’m no expert and never have claimed to be. You guys have been wheeling for much longer than myself, I just find it ironic that a couple years ago boat style sliders, RCV axle shafts and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts were highly frowned upon around here. What were the latest upgrades to the WAYALIFE JL? The above mentioned mentioned 3 things

Top Bottom