Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antirock Vs. Swayloc Vs. Genright

Antirock Vs. Swayloc Vs. Genright

Letís talk off-road sway bars. I had an antirock on my TJ and absolutely loved it, but now that Iím in a JK Iím turned off by the lack of adjustability. So with that being said, who has a good amount of knowledge on the subject?

I have a 2013 unlimited on 14Ē coilovers and 40ís, itís basically lifted to the moon and Iíd really like to have less body roll in off camber situations, but maintain suspension travel as well as I can. What do you think?
    IMG_7135.jpg

Antirock Vs. Swayloc Vs. Genright

I have one and I like the way it handles off-road, yes it could have been a little bit stiffer for on-road use but it works. Itís a Jeep and not an M3, my opinion. You have way more flex than I do though IMG_7347.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dytrdr5 View Post
    I have one and I like the way it handles off-road, yes it could have been a little bit stiffer for on-road use but it works. Itís a Jeep and not an M3, my opinion. You have way more flex than I do though IMG_7347.JPG

You have one what. He asked on three options.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

I canít speak about the other two...but I had front Anti Rocks on two jeeps...and removed them both. One snapped a retaining bolt on an obstacle...and both required constant tightening of the clamps of the splined arms to the sway bar, which eventually rounded off the teeth...I would never put them on another Jeep...

I switched from Rubi to a SwayLoc about a year ago and canít say I regret it. I donít think it limits my flex at all but as Iíve previously stated, I think the heavier your setup is the better the SwayLoc or Anti Rock work. Iím not a fan of the AR at all. Iíve never personally run it but Iíve ridden with several who have it and itís not a comfortable feeling going through a turn.

I have no experience with whatever GenRight is selling.

There are plenty of Currie products I love but their Antirock isn't one of them. I've done an apples to apples comparison between 2 built up JK's running the exact same suspension system only one had Rubicon e-lockers and the other had Antirocks. Ramping both up on the same display stand, the limit in flex was clear as day on the Antirocks. Of course, on pavement, the swaybar is way too soft for my taste but then, that's just me.

The only experience I have with SwayLOC is on my old TJ and when it worked, it worked pretty well but I had a couple arms break off and because of it, I've been reluctant to try it again - especially being that I have a Rubicon e-locker.

No experience with anything GenRight.

To sum up a lot of posts here, the Anti Rock is the worst of both worlds.

It is too soft for the street, allowing a lot of lean in the corners. This is especially evident on mountain roads.

It is too stiff for the trail, preventing a lot of usable wheel travel.

On a recent run to Calico, the only JK with them lifted a rear tire 4 feet off the ground going down a ledge, nearly tipping over. The other five rigs with stock Rubicon sway bars disconnected kept all four on the ground and were not tippy at all.

On a 20 degree RTI ramp, a guy I was with, with coil overs, only did a 700+/-, mine, with just a basic 3" lift and stock Rubicon sway bar did 1000+.

We pulled his links off, and he ran again, getting nearly identical 1000+

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You have one what. He asked on three options.

My bad, I have a Currie antirock

I have been happy so far with my front and rear antirock.

I have not been on an RTI yet... But eventually I will give that a go. It flexes enough on the trails to show me where I need to trim more.

It does feel stable off-road and on-road. I don't get that body roll feeling on off camber trails like I did with my TJ that had disconnects.

I do have the all steel version... Not sure if that makes a difference. But I did hear bad things about the splines on the aluminum version.
    Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread

Hooked
    I have the anti rocks and constantly have to tighten mine. When I get lazy about it I have gone through 2 sets of aluminum arms... when they round out they pop a ton.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast