24v ARB Compressor?

So some form of on-board air is on my list of upgrades. Someone in the NJ Jeep group posted a brand new dual arb for 200$ BUT it’s 24v. A quick search and it seems there are ways to step it down to 12v. Seems like a good deal but wondering if it’s worth it. It doesn’t have wiring harness so that plus the converter would be ~$100 (60 for harness and 20ish for converter). Has anyone ever done this? Any special considerations or items needed to convert it? Initially seemed like a good deal but unsure now.

I should also say I’d originally been leaning towards a power tank because I really liked the portability factor.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
So some form of on-board air is on my list of upgrades. Someone in the NJ Jeep group posted a brand new dual arb for 200$ BUT it’s 24v. A quick search and it seems there are ways to step it down to 12v. Seems like a good deal but wondering if it’s worth it. It doesn’t have wiring harness so that plus the converter would be ~$100 (60 for harness and 20ish for converter). Has anyone ever done this? Any special considerations or items needed to convert it? Initially seemed like a good deal but unsure now.

I should also say I’d originally been leaning towards a power tank because I really liked the portability factor.

That 24V dual arb draws 50 amps loaded, 28 amp unloaded. You are gonna need a very heavy duty 12V to 24V converter. That converter alone is 200-300. Remember you need a step up not a step down converter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

That 24V dual arb draws 50 amps loaded, 28 amp unloaded. You are gonna need a very heavy duty 12V to 24V converter. That converter alone is 200-300. Remember you need a step up not a step down converter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! After giving it some thought the amount I’d be saving just wouldn’t be worth it by the time I factor in driving a couple hours to pick it up.

If you like the portability factor, I highly recommend the ARB twin compressor portable kit. Bought it last week. Comes with a twenty foot hose, alligator clamps to hook directly to the battery, and a nice adapter that clamps firmly onto the valve stem of your tire. Pumps ‘em up wicked fast. Also comes with a small blow gun so I can blow out the debris around my beadlock rings and the dust from the under hood areas. I also like that I can clean it off and put it back in it’s hard case and strap it down neatly in the back of the jeep. Not to sound like an ARB ad haha. Just put a lot of thought into what I wanted and am really pleased with the choice...I will say, it’s not quite free, but with most products like this, the more expensive ones are way better.:twocents:

If you like the portability factor, I highly recommend the ARB twin compressor portable kit. Bought it last week. Comes with a twenty foot hose, alligator clamps to hook directly to the battery, and a nice adapter that clamps firmly onto the valve stem of your tire. Pumps ‘em up wicked fast. Also comes with a small blow gun so I can blow out the debris around my beadlock rings and the dust from the under hood areas. I also like that I can clean it off and put it back in it’s hard case and strap it down neatly in the back of the jeep. Not to sound like an ARB ad haha. Just put a lot of thought into what I wanted and am really pleased with the choice...I will say, it’s not quite free, but with most products like this, the more expensive ones are way better.:twocents:

Thanks I’ll have to look into this too as an option.

Yah dude. WJCO is right, it’s pretty big. Here’s a scale reference for consideration.

Attachments

• 658E147C-0F15-4D06-A7A5-69D6EF2D69A1.jpg
    658E147C-0F15-4D06-A7A5-69D6EF2D69A1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom