Thread: Lift kits

Fresh Catch

Lift kits

Iíve had several jeeps in my years but never a lift kit. Iíve heard too many negatives as far as ride and handling among other things. My jk is a daily driver and we donít hit any trails because there arenít any near us. I would like to potentially do some easy trails in the future but donít want to sacrifice a decent ride quality. In your opinions do lifted jeeps today ride like crap or even much different than stock? I donít wanna deal with death wobbles and being all over the highway etc so I need some insight. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds like from what you're planning on doing, you could always trim the fenders and throw some 33s on it. Saves money on a lift kit and won't change your ride quality.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Rancho makes a nice, inexpensive 2Ē lift kit that comes with shocks and springs for less than $500.

EVO makes a nice leveling kit that will give to 2+ inches in the front and less in the rear. Kit comes with front springs and rear spacers for around $350.

I hear that both of these kits are real nice! Many report a better than stock ride with the EVO kit. I personally donít have either one since I had the means to build my own budget boost, but wouldíve purchased one of these if that werenít the case.

I went with the EVO leveling kit. I did throw on some Rancho 9000s for fun. I will say the ride did improve from stock.

Been Around the Block CapnMericaMyCopilot's Avatar
    I started with the rancho 2Ē sport lift and it rode better than stock with the factory tires. Once I went to 33s it changed a bit but was still a great ride.

We went with a teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit with nitto ridge grapplers 33s. This is on my wifeís 4 door Sahara and it rides great. The stance is amazing looking also. Get a lot of compliments on how nice it looks.

42 inch mud grapplers and king coil overs, baby

Get some Kings. Itíll change yo life.