Thoughts on this quote for regear?

Hey guys was looking to get tour thoughts on the quote I got for a regear since it’s well outside my realm of knowledge. Yes, I know it’s only a D30 but I’m fairly comfortable that it will fit my needs for long enough especially seeing as I might be moving soon so likely wheeling even less often, and the next serious upgrades would hopefully be when it is a second vehicle.

Parts- $725:
Revolution 4.56 gears, carrier, bearings, seals, etc., Procal (if I want it, but have JScan so minus 100 if I opt out).
Labor-$550:
Includes regear and also pulling covers to inspect after first 500 miles.

He’d also put on aftermarket diff covers if I want. His recommendation was Motobilt at $100 each, no extra on labor.

I’ll add that the guy has this fab shop as a second business on the weekends and was booked solid thru last weekend of June. Definitely struggled to find a relatively nearby shop seeing as the tastes out here are for form over function.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Price sounds good. Since it’s a one man operation I’d check with some prior customers to see if they’re happy with the service and quality.

Price sounds good. Since it’s a one man operation I’d check with some prior customers to see if they’re happy with the service and quality.

Read all the reviews I could and couldn’t find much negative. Was reassuring to see it wasn’t only wranglers he works on and seems to stand behind his builds hosting rides for the rigs to come out and hit the trails with.

Have him take pictures of the marking compound once it’s setup “for your records” if he gets that right nothing else to really mess up

Is the marking compound the yellow stuff on the gear? He has quite a few pictures on his Instagram of them.

Read all the reviews I could and couldn’t find much negative. Was reassuring to see it wasn’t only wranglers he works on and seems to stand behind his builds hosting rides for the rigs to come out and hit the trails with.

Is the marking compound the yellow stuff on the gear? He has quite a few pictures on his Instagram of them.

Yup; That is the stuff.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Below is quote I got from a gentleman who does the work in his home garage . Has decent reviews and testimonials and he regeared mine 6 months ago with no issues . Located in the inland empire .. so feel free to PM me for details if anyone is interested .

There are safer more proven shops around but I was looking for a lower cost option. Your quote is attractively priced

IMG_2490.JPG

Thanks guys. Just confirmed with the guy and will be setting it up for August. All in with new diff covers for 1,100 and even said he’d throw the transmission skid on... could not for the life of me get the bolts out -_-

schnauzer

That’s a good price for the tri-state area.

I paid 1500 on Long Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom