Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: JK Destroyer Sliders

  1. #1
    Caught the Bug SSRuger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    87

    JK Destroyer Sliders

    Did the design change on the Destroyer Sliders? It looks like they are now frame mounted instead of body mounted.

  2. #2
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by SSRuger View Post
    Did the design change on the Destroyer Sliders? It looks like they are now frame mounted instead of body mounted.
    I could be wrong, but I think they’re only frame mounted for the JL

  3. #3
    Caught the Bug SSRuger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think they’re only frame mounted for the JL
    I originally that but looking at the instructions online today they looked like the mount the frame now. I'm hoping LOD chimes in if they had a design change.

  4. #4
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by SSRuger View Post
    I originally that but looking at the instructions online today they looked like the mount the frame now. I'm hoping LOD chimes in if they had a design change.
    Interesting, I’m sure someone with the sliders will or LOD.

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block jtpedersen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Interesting, I’m sure someone with the sliders will or LOD.
    They're frame mounted. Installing a set as we speak.

  6. #6
    Nothing but a Thing 19YJ94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpedersen View Post
    They're frame mounted. Installing a set as we speak.
    Any pics of the installation?

  7. #7
    Been Around the Block jtpedersen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by 19YJ94 View Post
    Any pics of the installation?
    Sure. Went out and took a few for you. These should work for now.

    As installed. Everything's 3/16" steel. Nice surface finish.

    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (5 of 6).jpg
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (6 of 6).jpg

    If you look down the length, you'll see there's at least an inch between body and rail all the way along. There are zero fasteners going to the tub.
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (1 of 6).jpg

    Couple shots of the front and rear mounting points.
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (2 of 6).jpg
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (3 of 6).jpg

    This last shot is looking straight-up into the recess. They're using 2 of the existing frame mount bolts along with the flange that requires the installer to drill a hole to accommodate.
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (4 of 6).jpg

    Overall, seems to be a very robust installation. This week we'll be at SMORR...plenty of things to slide-pivot around with them.

    So, as you'd expect, I'm happy with them thus far. I wanted sliders with steps. These meet the bill so, when we do a lift, we have a 'bit' of relief with the inset step. Cosmetically they turned out about as I expected; hard when looking at things online.

    Incidentally, shipping weight 110lbs. Figure ~10 for box and foam (typical high-quality LOD shipping packaging), and it's another 75 lbs net on Stitch (100 lbs - 2 stock sliders).

    Time will tell as for the rest.

  8. #8
    Nothing but a Thing 19YJ94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,038
    Looking good, thanks for posting. Let us know how well they hold up. 🖒

  9. #9
    Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    975
    pretty badass now that they are frame mounted for those that need a real step.
    Last edited by TheGrendel; 06-06-2019 at 01:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Caught the Bug SSRuger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpedersen View Post
    Sure. Went out and took a few for you. These should work for now.

    As installed. Everything's 3/16" steel. Nice surface finish.

    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (5 of 6).jpg
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (6 of 6).jpg

    If you look down the length, you'll see there's at least an inch between body and rail all the way along. There are zero fasteners going to the tub.
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (1 of 6).jpg

    Couple shots of the front and rear mounting points.
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (2 of 6).jpg
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (3 of 6).jpg

    This last shot is looking straight-up into the recess. They're using 2 of the existing frame mount bolts along with the flange that requires the installer to drill a hole to accommodate.
    LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (4 of 6).jpg

    Overall, seems to be a very robust installation. This week we'll be at SMORR...plenty of things to slide-pivot around with them.

    So, as you'd expect, I'm happy with them thus far. I wanted sliders with steps. These meet the bill so, when we do a lift, we have a 'bit' of relief with the inset step. Cosmetically they turned out about as I expected; hard when looking at things online.

    Incidentally, shipping weight 110lbs. Figure ~10 for box and foam (typical high-quality LOD shipping packaging), and it's another 75 lbs net on Stitch (100 lbs - 2 stock sliders).

    Time will tell as for the rest.
    How did these hold in SMORR?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. LOD signature vs Destroyer sliders
    By 89XJClay in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2019, 03:51 AM
  2. LoD Destroyer Sliders
    By LōD Offroad in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-18-2019, 11:34 AM
  3. LOD Destroyer Sliders
    By LasVegasJK in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2018, 11:24 PM
  4. Frame Mount LoD Destroyer Sliders
    By LōD Offroad in forum Jeep Show & Tell
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2018, 06:14 PM
  5. LoD Destroyer Series Rock sliders?
    By agiron in forum Jeep Show & Tell
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-31-2017, 04:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS