Sway bar end link, lengths.

jeep-creep

I have a 3" suspension lift. What length ( in inches) should the front sway bar end links be? I believe I need longer length links.

Thank you all.

jk4x4wrangler

I think you want the sway bar to rest at a 0 degree angle +/- 5 degrees. Thats what the install instructions said on my quick disconnects at least. So what ever length will give you that. :thumb:

rtguy1

I think you want the sway bar to rest at a 0 degree angle +/- 5 degrees. Thats what the install instructions said on my quick disconnects at least. So what ever length will give you that. :thumb:

No. Having it parallel to the ground doesn't always work out. You may end up pretzeling the links when you compress the suspension after flexing by flipping the swaybar the wrong way if the shocks are long. The best way to check is on a lift or jack stands allow the axle to droop all the way down. Make sure the swaybar and end links don't come close to forming a straight line.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, it depends on how much droop you actually have. Of course, if you don't have a Rubicon and disconnect your links, it won't really matter all that much. As a standard, +5° or so above horizontal is where you want your sway bar links to be. If you have a Rubicon with a lot of droop, you'll want them to be as long as needed.

SoCalDozer

I have to get new links as well now that my new shocks droop a lot further. Have a spare set of rear links I think I'm going to throw on for now since they are a bit longer

CerOf

I used my rear up front and am sitting at about 4". The lift should settle out at about 3.5". I measure around 41" (if memory serves) center of the hub to bottom edge of the factory flare.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

rtguy1

Yep. Not like this at full droop while connected. Notice how its forming a straight line with the links and swaybar, this is how it can flip the wrong way and taco the end links over the tierod/draglink when the suspension travels back upward. Showing pics of how it "should" look is rig specific depending on the suspension setup. You need to put the rig in the air and check the full droop while connected and u will know how much longer you need to be safe. Don't worry about the angle at ride height. This is unless you are never gonna flex while still connected. If u will be disconnecting the links then it really doesn't matter. As Eddie mentioned if it was a rubi then the links are always connected, even when the swaybar is disconnected and then it really is important to set them up the way I have described.

View attachment 19969

Last edited:

dchew

Caught the Bug
I was wondering about this too. Mine sits like this in the pic below. I will check full droop tomorrow, but I wonder if mine is too high. I've got 2-3 inches before I hit the bottom of the King bumps, then another couple inches of travel in the bumps. I'm curious if this will limit my up travel.

IMG_0556.jpg

Top Bottom