90 to 100K maintenance cycles

jorgelrod

Hooked
So the Jeep just hit 90K, I plan to have the Transmission fluid and filter changed, coming up on 100K I plan to take the Jeep to have the spark plugs changed, also one of the lifters seems to have started to go bad as the jeep started ticking. Is there anything else in that 100k interval I should have taken care off?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So the Jeep just hit 90K, I plan to have the Transmission fluid and filter changed, coming up on 100K I plan to take the Jeep to have the spark plugs changed, also one of the lifters seems to have started to go bad as the jeep started ticking. Is there anything else in that 100k interval I should have taken care off?

Coolant flush, transfer case flush, diffs if you haven’t recently, cabin and air filter

littlebeas

IMG_1208.jpg
I just crossed 100k and here’s what my plugs looked like. Took an hour in the driveway most of which was trying route the wires. Move that timeline up, do it yourself, and save some coin.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

medic2283

100,000 changed my plugs, coolant ( dont mix HOAT/OAT), changed out the water pump, thermostat, belt tensioner pulley/tensioner arm, new belt, tcase, tranny fluid, front/rear diffs and the PCV valve. Worst part was the water pump, easy to do just a pain in the balls. If I remember the bolts are 8fp fyi.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I already scheduled my appointment, my biggest concern became the ticking noise , the shop asked me if I was having misfires ore something to the like to which I said no, just the ticking noise. They recommended doing a compression test to make sure it's not the cylinder issue from the 2012-2013 ones since mine is right there on the cutoff date where it's not covered by the extended warranty but pretty close to when they found the issues. THe shop said they will just charge me the time for diagnosis and resolution of the ticking and change the spark plugs at the same time so I'll just get charged for the spark plugs. We'll see what comes of it.

Follow up question, should I change the coil packs as well since we're at it or no?

Zstairlessone

I already scheduled my appointment, my biggest concern became the ticking noise , the shop asked me if I was having misfires ore something to the like to which I said no, just the ticking noise. They recommended doing a compression test to make sure it's not the cylinder issue from the 2012-2013 ones since mine is right there on the cutoff date where it's not covered by the extended warranty but pretty close to when they found the issues. THe shop said they will just charge me the time for diagnosis and resolution of the ticking and change the spark plugs at the same time so I'll just get charged for the spark plugs. We'll see what comes of it.

Follow up question, should I change the coil packs as well since we're at it or no?

I’m at almost 150,000 and still on the original coil packs, it’s an 08 so they’re butt-old too. Shouldn’t need to change them.

MORedJeep

Reviving an old thread. Did you ever figure out what the ticking was? I have a 2014 and it just started.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Coolant flush, transfer case flush, diffs if you haven’t recently, cabin and air filter

Yep, what he said.

I typically get trans fluid replaced every 40K. Results in better shifting. Diffs and transfer case I do annually; diffs more often if a lot of water fjording's been done recently.

In modern vehicles, I no longer change the plugs unless there's a specific reason to do so, such as power loss or more likely, drop in mileage. The cost to do so becomes prohibitive unless really needed. What I've also found, a lot of parts shops don't even stock many plugs because they're so infrequently changed nowadays. Last plugs I changed required special ordering. For my Altima (02 w/130K) and Jetta (93K), original plugs, exact same mileage from second tank of gas to today.

For other items, I have a schedule I work to that, generally, exceeds manufacturer recommendation, so 100K is really just a number to me.

:)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Have any of you guys went to RIPP coil packs?

If your not changing anything else then stay with stock. Stock coil packs are meant to last. Check out rockauto. They sell the stock coils and for cheaper than you can at your local dealer

bouche03

If your not changing anything else then stay with stock. Stock coil packs are meant to last. Check out rockauto. They sell the stock coils and for cheaper than you can at your local dealer

I assume you mean not changing plugs if doing the RIPP coil packs?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I assume you mean not changing plugs if doing the RIPP coil packs?

The ripp coil packs, from my understanding, are meant for when you do the blower. When you do they need the plugs, wires, injectors, etc. If your not doing all of that then my suggestion is stay with the stock coils.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Reviving an old thread. Did you ever figure out what the ticking was? I have a 2014 and it just started.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

One of the rockers went bad, I didn't take care of it right away and ended up having to replaces my intake cam shady as well as all the rockers on that side.

Jimmypaget

I saw somewhere if you use 0w20 oil in an oil change, it’ll get rid of that initial cold start tick. I tried it out, and so far no tick

Top Bottom