Running sluggish and wont rev past 2k

Martinrd1

2012 jku with 148000 miles.....for the last week or so my jeep has been shaking at red light but running fine once i accelerated. I figured it just needed a tune up so i replaced the spark plugs, air filter, and while i was at it replaced the oil cooler since i noticed i had alot of oil under the jeep.

Followed the write up on here for the oil cooler, eveything went smooth as can be and didnt run i to any issues. Changed the spark pulgs with champion but did not change out the coil packs. Put everything back together and the jeep started up and ran great at idle, then when i went for a ride it started to spitter and would not rev over 2000 rpm or above 20mph, flashing CEL. Disconnect battery overnight and this morning i started it up and again it idled fine for about 30 secs then engine bogged down and the issues repeated. Shit it down and and retried it and exaxt same after 39 secs. Any ideas?!?

I ended up habing it towed to the dealer to get looked at tommorroW as i dont feel safe driving it. ANY insight is appreciated.

BaddestCross

Bad gas, bad coil, bad injector. Had this happen to me a few months ago... Ran some Lucas HD Fuel System Cleaner and some Supreme gas from Chevron for a couple tanks and all is fine.

The fuel system cleaner busted through whatever was in the injector after a few miles.

Check the codes and see what's coming up.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Martinrd1

Yeah i took my time and triple checked everything and all connections yesterday. This morning i went back through and checked everything again with a friend just to be extra positive. My friend did mention earlier how he had to kinda bend one of the coil packs to get it out due to the tight space it was in. Idk if that could have anything to do with it but hopefully its just a bad coil pack and not to expensive. I was planning on replacing those next week anyways. Fingers crossed

Martinrd1

Dealer is saying that a bolt on the lower intake manifold broke loose inside the plastic and is causing a vacuum leak. Not sure how it happened as i checked and double checked the torque settings before reinstalling it. 🤷🏻*♂️

Top Bottom