Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 11 JK Sport - Painfully sluggish!

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    You said you used the programmer for a "tune" but did you use it to program the new tire size? If not, that will throw off the shift points and speedometer.

I don't disagree with the need for a regear, but start with the easy stuff. Don't invest in a gear job until you know what tire size you're going to end up with when you're "done" upgrading.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Yes I mainly got the programmer to adjust the tire size and speedometer but went ahead and loaded one of the preloaded tunes as well. It did seem to help at first but it certainly needs some additional love to improve the performance. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Predfan75 View Post
    Man thats crazy! Luckily ours isnt that bad, its just the fact it feels like Im having to really push it to get down the road. I can run 70 mph on the interstate but I have to keep the pedal hammered down for sure. Thank you for the feedback!

Yeah, thats how ours felt after the above mentioned stuff. Just felt like I was having to flog the shit out of it to do regular freeway driving. I wish I knew what the issue was as it was not like that before that trip.

Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16 JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Thank you so much! She is a fighter and very lucky to have such a great outcome. We dont take it for granite for sure as there are tons of folks who dont win the battle! Shes always wanted a Jeep but it was never the right time. So, I say screw that and took some savings I had and found the perfect one for her. She is truly in love with it so Im determined to get the driving experience better for her! Thanks again!!

Thats awesome! And so are you!

Matthew Nicholas
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Yes I mainly got the programmer to adjust the tire size and speedometer but went ahead and loaded one of the preloaded tunes as well. It did seem to help at first but it certainly needs some additional love to improve the performance. Thank you!

You measured actual size, right? From the ground to center of the hub x2?

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Fresh Catch
    Just an update on this thread.

The gegear was completed on Friday so we are in the break-in period but I could see an immediate difference in the performance. I ended up going with the 4.56 setup and so far it appears to be the right choice for the application.

Also worth mentioning... I have another thread going on a bad right pull under braking and found out I had a compromised left brake hose that was actually causing some resistance during driving and the crazy pull under braking. I replaced the hose yesterday and now between that repair and the regear, I feel the Jeep is the way it should have been from the factory!! Thank you to everyone who took time to offer suggestions and share their knowledge!!

Awesome!

Typed on my iPhone with my Jimmy Dean sausage fingers
    Matthew Nicholas

What exactly was wrong with the brake hose? Did it collapse internally?

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    What exactly was wrong with the brake hose? Did it collapse internally?

I would say yes although I did not dissect it but based on some testing when I had the caliper bleeding valve open versus closed, thats what we deemed to be the issue. Changed it out and man what a difference it made.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by RCVRY View Post
    Im pretty sure the problem with the Jeep is your choice of hockey teams.
    Attachment 328565
    GO HAWKS!!

Sorry I missed this post the first time around! Thats pretty funny but its so sad had you ruin your Jeep putting the Suckhawks name on it!! LOL All Im good fun though!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234