• Adventure Offroad Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windrock

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Uwharrie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

longarmwj

So there are a few places that we could possibly hold a Southeast event at. The three in question are Adventure Offroad Park (AOP), Windrock ORV, and Uwharrie.

Adventure Offroad Park:
AOP is located in South Pittsburg, Tennessee. AOP has a great mix of trails. There is everything from mild to wild there. Great areas for camping and good facilities (c;lean bathrooms, general store, hot showers), plus has very close hotels and food. Cost for AOP would be $20.00 PER PERSON PER DAY, meaning if it was just you and your rig, the weekend would be $40.00. If it is you, your rig, and one other, it would be $80.00 for the weekend, so on and so forth. AOP is also very c;lose to Chattanooga for good food, sights, and we could also wheel Prentice Cooper while we are there, which is free to ride, but is more of a scenic trail with a few decent obstacles.

Windrock:
Windrock is located in Much like AOP as far as trails and relation to food and hotels. Good campground and optional cabins you can rent. Again, there is everything from mild to wild here. Cost for Windrock is $36.45 per adult for the weekend. Anybody under 12 is $18.22 for the weekend.

Uwharrie
Uwharrie is located in Troy, Norh Carolina. Uwharrie differs in that it isn't an actual park, but instead a state forest. A daily pass for Uwharrie is $5.00, yes $5.00 dollars. That is per vehicle, not per person. There are some good trails there, but nothing too extreme. There is no decent camping there, but there are local hotels and food. It's a fun place that I have been to once and had a blast.

Those are the tree options that we have for location to host this event at. All three areas are a lot of fun, some cheaper then others lol. Personally, I am open to any of them, so I will keeo my vote out of the poll. Please leave input and vote on which one you would like to go to the most!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Windrock would be my first choice. AOP can get crowded due to size of the parks. 500 acres vs 73,000.
If we decide on AOP need to make sure they don’t have a event going on. It can be a parking lot on some of the trails. But I’m good at either.

longarmwj

Windrock would be my first choice. AOP can get crowded due to size of the parks. 500 acres vs 73,000.
If we decide on AOP need to make sure they don’t have a event going on. It can be a parking lot on some of the trails. But I’m good at either.

I fully agree about AOP. The good news is they have a calendar with events, so if AOP is the chosen on, we can plan accordingly.

longarmwj

Totally forgot that I made this thread. So we can totally rule out Uwharrie it seems.

And then there were two...so AOP vs Windrock. I did windrock years ago but I've only been once. AOP I have been to several times and know the park pretty well. My personal vote is AOP, if for no other reason then that I would be confident enough to organize and lead easy, intermediate, and hard trail rides.

The other big question is when. I feel like this summer would be too much of a rush to allow people to organize plans to attend. Would this winter or next spring work better for people?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Our fall run to windrock last year was great, the fall colors were beautiful.

4AA9A94E4DD212DCBE8B6D0F4A7FB218.jpg

I’d definitely like to do another run there in the fall.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

jorgelrod

Hooked
When are you planning to go on this? I'd be game, too bad about Uhwarrie, I think there's a Badge of Honor trail over there..

longarmwj

Our fall run to windrock last year was great, the fall colors were beautiful.

View attachment 328779

I’d definitely like to do another run there in the fall.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler
That does look great. I assume that you know the trails at Windrock pretty well??
When are you planning to go on this? I'd be game, too bad about Uhwarrie, I think there's a Badge of Honor trail over there..
If you ever want to run Uwharrie let me know! I'm always down for a Uwharrie run.
There are 3 at Windrock if you are looking for those.

Did not know that, very cool

Top Bottom