VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Steering Stabilizer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soon after installing a Synergy heavy duty drag link and tie-rod, Cindy and I had a number of people ask, why we didn't upgrade our steering stabilizer at the same time? The simple answer is, we just didn't feel the need for one. Fortunately, the new steering components and track bar we installed seemed to do a great job of firming things up and in all honestly, our OE stabilizer seemed to be doing its job just fine. But, after giving it some thought, I decided to contact Synergy, just to see if there might be something they would recommend to compliment their steering system and as I would come to find, a Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS is what they pointed me to. In this video, you'll get to see just how easy one is to install.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Fox Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS
With conventional steering stabilizers, turning in one direction creates an increase in pressure inside the stabilizer as the shaft occupies more volume in the body and displaces the oil. The repercussion is a push or pull steering force felt by the driver as the stabilizer attempts to return to its neutral state. To overcome this unidirectional force, dual opposing stabilizers are often used, but this requires additional mounting hardware and space.

Derived from the FOX's original ATS stabilizer, the Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS utilizes a Through Shaft (TS) architecture that eliminates shaft fluid displacement throughout the stabilizer's entire travel in both directions. By eliminating fluid displacement, the TS design delivers neutral and consistent damping of unwanted steering feedback. The result is unrivaled steering control at an unbelievable price point in a single, bolt-on stabilizer.

The Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS includes application specific mounting hardware and is available in multiple clamp sizes for stock or aftermarket heavy duty tie-rods.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Looks good! When I considered upgrading mine this is what I was looking at and I almost bought it (it was in the cart...), but eh. I'll just deal with the little steering pull and keep my money lol. I look forward to seeing how it holds up on the JL!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

That through shaft setup is interesting. I’m looking forward to your review of it on the trail. [emoji1303] Thanks!

Discount Tire

Looked like a nice easy upgrade.

I know it is strange but I like the way you open the boxes, with the added slamming it just makes it sound like fun. :rock:

pop2tu

I can’t wait for a review after a few trails. The shaft through design looks interesting, wonder how it will hold up compared to OEM

TrailHunter

Hooked
I knew that looked new in the last video! ... I should probably get one... I’ve been San Stabalizer for a while now... and since I put the new Tie rod on, everything feels even more solid... But I’m sure that will change after the lift. Cool Video.

JJ151

Another great video! It will be interesting to see how the shaft holds up. While somewhat protected by the TR rocks can and do get above that when wheeling.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I know it is strange but I like the way you open the boxes, with the added slamming it just makes it sound like fun. :rock:

I'm with you on this.... It cracks me up every time. While watching these videos I have this Parody that plays in my head, where he Slams the box's down and it breaks the table in half. lol

Great video.
But what’s even better is it gave me the kick in the ass to work on my Jeep. I’ve had the same Fox steering stabilizer laying on the garage floor for 3 years. [emoji23]

I’ve really liked my Fox setup on my JK and the clamp is stout. On our New Years run during the Saturday fun I snagged a rock and rather then rotating the clamp it actually rotated the tire rod and, enough so that it caused the SS to make contact with the track bar bracket. For a death wobble cure (kidding) they excellent at what they are actually designed to do.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Silly question but when installing a normal stabilizer would you install it the same way as the pass thru version you just installed? Hard passenger, 1/4” on the shaft and bolt down?

In the past when I know my alignment is good I have just centered my wheel, cut the extended shock length in half and mounted it as centered as I could.

bouche03

Nice review and it looks like a nice setup, but holy hell, nearly $300 for a steering stabilizer...hard pass on that, especially when we all know the stock one does just fine.

Top Bottom