Hinge pin guides need removed each use?

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I purchased hinge pin guides/extensions from a reputable website and installed. They do make putting the doors on much easier without bashing something. See below:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/door-hinge-pin-guides-jeep-wrangler-jk

I had the jeep in for maintenance today. A tech told me they are a great idea but i should always remove them and install the factory bolts. If i dont the door will sag and start leaking.

He is a jeep guy and i want to believe him. But if i have to put them on and take them off each time i cycle the doors I'm going to stop using them...

I'm just looking for more opinions. Do i need to remove hinge guides each time i put doors on? Thanks for your advice!

Primo82

Caught the Bug
What would those possibly have anything to do with the door sagging? I disagree with him

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks all for the replys!

I'm assuming the rationale is if the nut isn't on the bottom to sinch it down and square the hinge axis up it will "woller out" the surfaces... jostle and usage.

I can understand how it occurs... I try to give it some lube occasionally...

Probably dicking me on potential warranty claims. Like i got today...

WJCO

Meme King
I seriously have no idea where the door bolts are for my wife's Jeep. Took them off and forgot about them.

JKbrick

Thanks all for the replys!

I'm assuming the rationale is if the nut isn't on the bottom to sinch it down and square the hinge axis up it will "woller out" the surfaces... jostle and usage.

I can understand how it occurs... I try to give it some lube occasionally...

Probably dicking me on potential warranty claims. Like i got today...

Put the delrin bushings in your hinges and call it a day

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If it’s garage kept pull the doors for the summer and leave them off.
I pull my doors once a year.

This is not a viable reality for most people who use their Jeep as a daily driver. I take my doors off and back on daily as the weather dictates.

OP, I was given the advice from a prominent member/moderator here at Wayalife to ditch the nuts. I was hesitant at first, but after the fourth time, I did as suggested and haven’t had a problem in over three years. Even after making my own delrin replacement liners I haven’t had any issues.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is not a viable reality for most people who use their Jeep as a daily driver. I take my doors off and back on daily as the weather dictates.

OP, I was given the advice from a prominent member/moderator here at Wayalife to ditch the nuts. I was hesitant at first, but after the fourth time, I did as suggested and haven’t had a problem in over three years. Even after making my own delrin replacement liners I haven’t had any issues.

I think I went 8 months when I first bought my Jeep with no doors. It was pretty chilly some days and went others but not horrible.

As for the nuts, I usually just use them for half doors. No need for them on the full doors.

Top Bottom