VIDEO : DYNATRAC CODEX 2-Door Extra Cab Gladiator Truck - XD60 / PR80 & 40" Tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO : DYNATRAC CODEX 2-Door Extra Cab Gladiator Truck - XD60 / PR80 & 40" Tires

Phases 1 and 2 of the CODEX build covered the chopping of the body and frame to effectively transform the Dynatrac Gladiator into a 2-Door Extra Cab pickup truck. They also highlighted the installation of a 707 HP supercharged 6.2L Hellcat HEMI by America's Most Wanted 4x4, the mounting of a Patriot Camper PCOR box, the wrapping of the body by Sticky Finger Designs and the installation of Rhino Rack roof racks. In this video, you'll get to see the work that was done over at Savvy Off Road for the 3rd and final phase of this build and that would include the installation of a Rock Krawler long arm suspension system, new Fox Factory Race Series 3.0 Internal Bypass Recirculating Finned Remote DSC Shocks up front, Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the rear, a Dynatrac XD60 front axle with PRO 1550 knuckles, ProRock 80 rear axle and of course, 40" tires. We hope you enjoy and we'd be grateful if you could let us know what you think of it! :cool:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

benatc1

Hooked
I know it's not the most popular here but I do think it's pretty sweet as is. I personally wouldn't build one that way but I'd be on a one time one track build. Probably could use a few different parts in my opinion but I think it looks cool

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The video is great and I can appreciate the efforts made to finally showcase Dynatrac's bread and butter, but I still will never fully understand the build. Regardless, I'm most interested to see how some of the modifications (like the frame and the body work) hold up over time to real world use.

Brute

Hooked
The video is great and I can appreciate the efforts made to finally showcase Dynatrac's bread and butter, but I still will never fully understand the build. Regardless, I'm most interested to see how some of the modifications (like the frame and the body work) hold up over time to real world use.

Good point...like to see how the cab fares over a year of use...before I build a cab similar to it.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Have to admit I didn’t understand the goal of the build in the beginning. A 35” tired JT 2dr overlander camping rig with a Hellcat? Stage 2 is a flatbed variant. OK, starting to dig it now. Being way slow on the uptake, it took this vid to bring the point of the build together. Doh! This build is the baddest of the bad do everything JT. I’ll bet it’s pretty fair on the highway to. I’d have to sell the house to get the second one built. Hmmm.

pop2tu

Really impressed with it now. And kind of understand why it took so long to get the prorocks under it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just when I think maybe it could be okay more China tires and a China winch?

IMG_7935.jpg

TJM?

I’m just confused by the whole thing especially from a company who prides themselves on being built in the USA and wants people to support made in USA. I don’t know, maybe I’m the only one who sees that stuff but it’s very odd to me.

On the plus side, I liked the quality of the video and Savvy has some cool projects. Would like to have seen more of the other trucks they have in there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
You gotta see this thing in person, it’s pretty amazing. They are definitely going in a unique direction with this build bit based on what I saw, it’s based on a specific use case in my opinion - “hardcore” overlanding. The PCOR kit is easily changeable for different trips. Loving the flatbed tho. Great Video as always.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
LOL, leave it to Detective Ovie to spot the winch.

All smartassery aside, I really appreciate the work and craftsmanship, but the bed and other details just aren't for me. And the video is great as usual.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great coverage and beautiful axles.

Thank you. It took a lot of work and a better part of a week to film and we're glad that you enjoyed our video. The axles are truly what this rig has been needing. :yup:

Wow, what a beast. That's an amazing build with some awesome parts. Thank you for sharing.

It's definitely a beast now. Glad that we were able to share the build with you :)

Thanks for the video. I too really like the axles.

You bet and yes, the axles are sweet :)

It would be fun to drive...nothing like the sound of a Hellcat...

The Hellcat is nothing short of breathtaking :)

I think it’s Bitchin! Camping Rig, Crawler, Work Truck, Chase Truck... Nice job.

Awesome - glad you like what you see :)

Wow, that thing is fucking awesome! Love it! :2thumbsup:

When's Phase 4?

With any luck, Phase 4 will be testing this thing out on the trail. :yup:

Great coverage! Cool concept

Thank you! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed our video :)

I know it's not the most popular here but I do think it's pretty sweet as is. I personally wouldn't build one that way but I'd be on a one time one track build. Probably could use a few different parts in my opinion but I think it looks cool

Clearly, it's not a build for everyone. It definitely looks a lot better now that it's sitting on 40's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Hopefully we'll get to see this rig out on the trail and put to the test.

Have to admit I didn’t understand the goal of the build in the beginning. A 35” tired JT 2dr overlander camping rig with a Hellcat? Stage 2 is a flatbed variant. OK, starting to dig it now. Being way slow on the uptake, it took this vid to bring the point of the build together. Doh! This build is the baddest of the bad do everything JT. I’ll bet it’s pretty fair on the highway to. I’d have to sell the house to get the second one built. Hmmm.

LOL - awesome, glad to hear you're liking this build :)

Really impressed with it now. And kind of understand why it took so long to get the prorocks under it.

It's definitely what it should have been from the beginning now :)

Loving those axles for sure. Unless they take kidneys or testicles in trade however I can’t imagine those axles ever being in reach financially.

LOL :cheesy:

Just when I think maybe it could be okay more China tires and a China winch?

TJM?

I’m just confused by the whole thing especially from a company who prides themselves on being built in the USA and wants people to support made in USA. I don’t know, maybe I’m the only one who sees that stuff but it’s very odd to me.

I'm not gonna lie, this really bothered me a lot too. I know you and I have had this discussion before and as you've said so eloquently, if you want to make the case for "Made in the USA" and want people to support Made in the USA, YOU need to support it yourself.

You gotta see this thing in person, it’s pretty amazing. They are definitely going in a unique direction with this build bit based on what I saw, it’s based on a specific use case in my opinion - “hardcore” overlanding. The PCOR kit is easily changeable for different trips. Loving the flatbed tho. Great Video as always.

Glad you enjoyed the video :)

All smartassery aside, I really appreciate the work and craftsmanship, but the bed and other details just aren't for me. And the video is great as usual.

Thank you. We're so glad you enjoyed the video :)

Top Bottom