Summer Driving

Discount Tire

It's 112°F here in Phoenix, AZ today so for us Arizonians - summer is here!

With rising summer temps it's important to make sure your tires can handle the heat and just like other seasons, summer has its own set of driving challenges.

Check out the article linked below for tips to stay ahead of the game.

Summer_zpsganav0t4.jpg

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Ok, it wasn’t on the JK, but in 2014 my wife was driving home on a 110 deg day in Phoenix when she had a five year old dry rotted tire with 50%+ tread suffer a catastrophic failure. Air temp, tire pressure and age all contributed. Lesson learned.

Discount Tire

Ok, it wasn’t on the JK, but in 2014 my wife was driving home on a 110 deg day in Phoenix when she had a five year old dry rotted tire with 50%+ tread suffer a catastrophic failure. Air temp, tire pressure and age all contributed. Lesson learned.

Phoenix streets are brutal in the summer. I hope everyone involved made it through okay.

People that claim it’s a dry heat have never been to Phoenix in the summer. Can’t imagine hell being much hotter. I’ve also seen tires cracking and weather checking way faster than normal there, it’s crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Discount Tire

Tires definitely take more of a beating at 110 + heat. We see a lot more cars with flats in high temps. Checking your tires in hot weather is very important.

USMC Wrangler

Down here in Podunk, AZ (aka Cochise County) my Jeep said it was 99° once I was moving today. I’m thankful for my 4,200 ft elevation!

Dude! You’re in Phoenix? We gotta wheel sometime!

Discount Tire

I have been on some trips in the Catalina Mountains on my quad and side by side before. Charlou Gap and Mammoth to Klondike are awesome.

Enjoy your cool weather. :D

Top Bottom