Carson/Reno trail run

Abntroop

Laurie and I are new to the area and are planning to run the Kings Canyon and Genoa peak trail Saturday. Anyone game to tag along?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I understand these are not “hardcore” trails, however I am not knowledgeable on terrain in this area and am not built for the nasty stuff currently. Honestly, I don’t know what I am built to handle but wish to learn. This weekends run is simply an excuse to get out of town, enjoy the woods, see our new home and hopefully meet and make some new friends as well as learn. We don’t have kids, just a pair of dogs, all we ask is you bring a good sense of humor [emoji1303][emoji16]

benatc1

Hooked
Laurie and I are new to the area and are planning to run the Kings Canyon and Genoa peak trail Saturday. Anyone game to tag along?

I understand these are not “hardcore” trails, however I am not knowledgeable on terrain in this area and am not built for the nasty stuff currently. Honestly, I don’t know what I am built to handle but wish to learn. This weekends run is simply an excuse to get out of town, enjoy the woods, see our new home and hopefully meet and make some new friends as well as learn. We don’t have kids, just a pair of dogs, all we ask is you bring a good sense of humor [emoji1303][emoji16]

I'm busy this weekend, so take lots of pics and post em up! Hopefully can get on the trail with you sooner than later! Have fun!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Abntroop

Well, new house should close end of next week I hope so we’ll be moving. So we ended up perusing new flooring and then Laurie and I headed out to prison hill to wander trails and work on off camber comfort levels. Had a few pucker moments but all in all a relaxing afternoon. Have family coming down this weekend to Tahoe so we’re going to run kings canyon tomorrow morning then circle north to meet up with them. Laurie shot a short video from the passenger seat coming down a steep rocky bit leaving prison hill, looks like nothing on video, but I think my ass left a crease in the drivers seat it clenched up so tight. I think ongoing visits to local trails will get us more comfortable with tackling nastier trails. It’s been a few years since we wheeled regularly so putting our toes in on the shallow end first seems right.

Abntroop

Shooting good trail video must be a difficult challenge to capture difficulty levels. Also, I hate the sound of my own voice in video. Either folks are more tolerant or I don’t sound like that in person as I’d smother me with a pillow [emoji23]

Top Bottom