Kernville July 4th Weekend

fiend

Caught the Bug
Gonna be in Kernville July 4-7. Probably going to check out some of the local trails, Sherman Pass, etc. If anyone’s going to be around, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Firming up this trip. Boating on Lake Isabella the 4th, rafting the Kern on the 5th, and wheeling on the 6th. If anyone’s interested in meeting up, let me know.

DezertJeeper

I was just there this past weekend(we go every year the weekend before he 4th) and was curious on Sherman pass after seeing the sign. Let me know how that trail goes!

fiend

Caught the Bug

jkjourneys

Kernville

I am up for Sherman Pass on Saturday. I am in Simi . How long do you think it would take to meet at a rendezvous spot.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I am up for Sherman Pass on Saturday. I am in Simi . How long do you think it would take to meet at a rendezvous spot.

I dunno. It took us about three hours to get from Arcadia to Kernville this afternoon. Delayed a bit by rush hour traffic in Bakersfield, but not much.

jkjourneys

I dunno. It took us about three hours to get from Arcadia to Kernville this afternoon. Delayed a bit by rush hour traffic in Bakersfield, but not much.

Any ideas on where we could meet? I can leave around 5 am. How hard is the trail. Looks like a tight fire road with some rock sections. Nothing to Crawley

fiend

Caught the Bug
Any ideas on where we could meet? I can leave around 5 am. How hard is the trail. Looks like a tight fire road with some rock sections. Nothing to Crawley

I don’t think it’s too gnarley. We can meet for breakfast in Kernville if you want. Around 9? That way you don’t need to leave so early.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Sounds good. Any camping spots in the area. Driving back to Simi would be a lot of driving for 1 day

We passed several uSFS sites. between Lake Isabella and Kernville. I believe there are several up river from Kernville too. See https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/sequoia/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=79563&actid=29

There’s also some private sites, including one right in Kernville. I don’t remember the name of it, but I’m sure you can find it easily enough on google.

Top Bottom