New tire help

Mikes570

Hey all I’m just getting back into the Jeep life. I have a 2019 JL sport. I have a 2.5” lift to go on it once I get a free afternoon. My buddy has a set of 4 Nitto ridge Grappler 33/12.5r17 mounted on Mickey Thompson classic 3’s with only 100 miles on them. Sold his Jeep but kept his parts. Selling for $1500. What’s the general opinion on running them? My main concern is snow worthiness. My other option is to keep my stock steel wheels and run a set of copper st Maxx or Mastercraft CXTs in 255/80 17. Any help input or ideas? Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have the Ridge grapplers on my Ram and they were great in the snow. I can’t speak to the Mickey’s but the nittos are a good tire

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

USMC Wrangler

Umm So just to clarify. Nitto is built by Toyo which is a Japanese company that does happen to have a fairly new plant in Georgia. So “some” of their tires are American made.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Interesting. My Trail Grapplers I bought almost 3 years ago were marked with “Made in the USA”. Running Coopers now.

A.J.

Interesting. My Trail Grapplers I bought almost 3 years ago were marked with “Made in the USA”. Running Coopers now.

More information you might find interesting. Just stirring the pot here a little but there are a lot of surprises in the tire industry. Cooper is still a great tire don't get me wrong, but the USA drum beating is becoming more and more of a marketing campaign and not a true business plan. So where do your hard earned dollars really go?

"No U.S.-based tire manufacturer has been more vocal about its truck tire manufacturing activities in China than Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.

In late 2003, Cooper announced that it would shift its medium truck tire production to China from its plant in Albany, Ga.

All Cooper truck tires are now made by Hangzhou (China) Rubber Co. Ltd.

Cooper is on track to source 250,000 to 300,000 truck tires from Hangzhou this year.

The transfer from the U.S. to China freed up capacity at the Albany plant for light truck tire production, says Cooper Chairman, CEO and President Tom Dattilo."

It also is saving Cooper an unspecified amount of money. "Truck tires are more often being produced in lower cost countries. It's a product that can be transferred to China with some ease."

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom