Holley Sniper Question

p38

Caught the Bug
We are experiencing some issues with a Holley Sniper system and are wondering if anyone else is having the same problems. The Sniper is installed on a Chevy 383. The two issues are:
(1) erratic idle - the system will work fine, then when you release the throttle the idle will not return to what is set or/and actually increase on its own.

(2) loss of programing - basic setup and advanced tuning just disappear and the system defaults to factory settings

My next question is, what are the options or alternatives to the Sniper system?

Thanks

RCVRY

We are experiencing some issues with a Holley Sniper system and are wondering if anyone else is having the same problems. The Sniper is installed on a Chevy 383. The two issues are:
(1) erratic idle - the system will work fine, then when you release the throttle the idle will not return to what is set or/and actually increase on its own.

(2) loss of programing - basic setup and advanced tuning just disappear and the system defaults to factory settings

My next question is, what are the options or alternatives to the Sniper system?

Thanks

Stick with Accel. It’s been over a decade (like DOS tuning days) but I never had problems dyno tuning a Super Ram. Ligenfelter knew his shit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Probably a bad unit or it needs to be reflashed if that’s even possible.

My solution... slap three Strombergs on it. lol
IMG_1733.JPG .

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I don’t have any experience with that system but I’m guessing you’ve got either a bad ground or power connection. If it’s losing memory while sitting probably the constant power feed.

Alternatively it could be the backup battery in the ecu if it has one

trplxj

Do you have the main power and ground for the ecu hooked directly to the battery? Do you have a good ground between the engine block and chassis?

It seems like the majority of problems come from the ecu not being wired correctly to power and ground, or poor grounding between the engine and chassis.

Also have you updated to the latest firmware and software?

p38

Caught the Bug
Love the roadster! Nice looking engine. Navarro heads... [emoji106]

Thanks. The engine came from H & H in Socal. The car is an original, all steel 1934 Roadster with a 1940's hot rod set up. Model A dropped axle, Zypher tranny, 40 (ish?) Ford rear end (I don't know how to tell exactly which year), 40's Lincoln brakes. It had a 40's engine in it but we had some issues with it and I didn't want to take the time to have an exact period correct engine rebuilt, so I called Mike at H & H and had him send me what he had. Turns out he had one of his red strokers in the cell - ready to go.

Thanks. The engine came from H & H in Socal. The car is an original, all steel 1934 Roadster with a 1940's hot rod set up. Model A dropped axle, Zypher tranny, 40 (ish?) Ford rear end (I don't know how to tell exactly which year), 40's Lincoln brakes. It had a 40's engine in it but we had some issues with it and I didn't want to take the time to have an exact period correct engine rebuilt, so I called Mike at H & H and had him send me what he had. Turns out he had one of his red strokers in the cell - ready to go.

That’s awesome. MiKe and company do great work. I have a big Lincoln that could use the H&H treatment someday.
IMG_8685.jpg .

Here’s one I should have never let get away. It was powering a 30 coupe with a gm 4 speed.
IMG_0203.JPG .

p38

Caught the Bug
I don’t have any experience with that system but I’m guessing you’ve got either a bad ground or power connection. If it’s losing memory while sitting probably the constant power feed.

Alternatively it could be the backup battery in the ecu if it has one

We think we have found the problem; a pin connector was discovered with 2 misaligned pins allowing intermittent loss of contact. That issue has been corrected and the problems have not reappeared - in the shop. The jeep is out for road/trail testing this morning; we will know in a few hours if that was the cause.

trplxj

We think we have found the problem; a pin connector was discovered with 2 misaligned pins allowing intermittent loss of contact. That issue has been corrected and the problems have not reappeared - in the shop. The jeep is out for road/trail testing this morning; we will know in a few hours if that was the cause.

Glad to hear that you found the problem.

Top Bottom