Dynatrac 60 rear axle with 3.2 falcon shocks

JohnnyV123

Hi all,
My names John and my brother and I tried installing 3.2 falcon shocks on the rear of a dynatrac 60 axle. Our problem is the welded hinge from the end links only allow the new shock to rotate about half way up and then it hits the end link bracket.
Is there a solution to this problem? Please help, I am not a mechanic by trade.

Teraflex and dynatrac are closed on wkends so we're are stumped and bummed.

Thank you all!

JKbrick

Hi all,
My names John and my brother and I tried installing 3.2 falcon shocks on the rear of a dynatrac 60 axle. Our problem is the welded hinge from the end links only allow the new shock to rotate about half way up and then it hits the end link bracket.
Is there a solution to this problem? Please help, I am not a mechanic by trade.

Teraflex and dynatrac are closed on wkends so we're are stumped and bummed.

Thank you all!

Can you post some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JohnnyV123

That's the way they're suppose to be mounted. It's to protect the shaft. Look up Falcon 3.2 or 3.3 on youtube and you'll see.

JohnnyV123

All the YouTube videos are for a stock dana 44 rear. I have a dynatrac 60 rear that we're installing to. The end link bracket (that's welded on) on the dynatrac 60 is in the way of fully extending the shock.

JohnnyV123

No problem at all. I'm just stressing out about this install...we made great progress today and then this happened. And to top it off I'm outside the return window from Extreme terrain by 2 weeks! So if I can't get them to fit I have to have a shop write up an RO that explains my situation with those photos and then maybe they'll exchange them. But honestly I really want these shocks on here. Fml.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Here are 2 photos

Why is your shock outside of the shock mont????

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I gotta go with this. Why the hell is it necessary to move the shocks outboard like that?? That’s the problem right there. Have you tried just installing them in the stock location like regular shocks are supposed to? Only reason to move them out like that it up front to avoid hitting the frame at full flex. Doing it out back makes absolutely no sense.

JohnnyV123

Not sure. I'll have to confirm with teraflex Monday night on that one. Not sure if the angle will be too great from the top to bottom. That move is about 3 inches inward I believe. Jeep is at shop and I'm home now.

JohnnyV123

I gotta go with this. Why the hell is it necessary to move the shocks outboard like that?? That’s the problem right there. Have you tried just installing them in the stock location like regular shocks are supposed to? Only reason to move them out like that it up front to avoid hitting the frame at full flex. Doing it out back makes absolutely no sense.

That's what the instructions that came with the shocks said to do...

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
That's what the instructions that came with the shocks said to do...

I would say ditch that plan and put them in the stock location. As for the bolt, as mentioned above, switch the bolt around and should solve the problem. If not, I’d just sell those damned Chinese things and go with fox, rancho, or kings. Perfection isn’t exactly teraflexs repertoire.

Top Bottom