Southeast Fall Bash at Windrock ORV October 4-6 2019

longarmwj

wr-logo-shadow-small.png

General consensus said everyone wanted to ride Windrock, so lets get this put together!!!

When: October 4, 2019 - October 6, 2019

Where: Windrock ORV 912 Windrock Road, Oliver Springs, TN 37840

Lodging:
A HUGE thanks is in order for the DoubleTree by Hilton in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and specifically to Mrs. Robin Castleberry for working so hard for me and with me to get this set up! We have 15 rooms set aside for the weekend of October 4th-October 6th at a rate of $91.00 a night for Wayalife members. Most of the rooms will be double queen beds, so if somebody can't afford/doesn't want to pay for a hotel room, I am sure that somebody can do some mooching somewhere :crazyeyes:

The hotel is located at: 215 S. Illinois Avenue, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37830 which is 16 minutes away from Windrock Offroad Park.

There are two ways that you can reserve a room. You can:

1: Call the hotel at 865-481-2468 and give them GROUP CODE WJC

2: Click on THIS LINK RIGHT HERE which will take you to the official Wayalife reservation page set up for our stay.

Food:
There are a good many places around the area to eat. Everything from pizza to southern cooking to sushi. There are also a few bars. I am sure we can find some places to have a group dinner (and drinks).

Calhoun's Oak Ridge has agreed to set aside patio (providing the temps aren't too cold) for us! They have a good drink menu from what I hear. But we have a Wayalife group reservation for 6:45 on saturday night for good drinks, and good food!!

Here is the menu for Calhoun's. They don't have an online drink menu, but reviews are awesome!

Calhoun's is located at 100 Melton Lake Peninsula, Oak Ridge, TN 37830

Park Info:
For a three day permit, it would be $50.11 for each adult. For each child 12 and younger it would be $24.60 per child. They also have an on site gas station as well as a car wash, and a burger shack that I understand is pretty decent.

Trail Info:
They have everything from mild to absolutely wild. For first time or new wheelers, the easy and moderate trails are probably the way to go. For us more seasoned wheelers, the difficult trails are calling our name! I'm sure we can break down into two groups if need be, but that is something that can be figured out at the time of the ride.

Please post below if you are coming so that I can update the thread

Going:
-longarmwj
-mrlongarmwj
-wjstudios
-bmkrinne +1
-Fury22 +1
-Red Knight15
-MSJKU11
-kep01
-jorgelrod
-trainwreck618
-Coop
-19YJ94
-.freckles.
-Honor2afault
-KratosRenegade17
-Weebz
-jeffj

Last edited:

longarmwj

I am working on getting group quotes from a few hotels in the area. I just need to know the number of people who will be coming! So please post who is coming, including spouses and children.

longarmwj

I have begun the bidding process for the hotel group rates. I never knew that there were actually hotel bidders you could hire but apparently there are lol.

I have a hotel bidder who is working on some, and I am trying to get in contact with some myself. I'll update on which hotel will offer the best deal.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I recommend everyone have plenty of food and drinks for trail lunch.
They have a small walkup breakfast/ lunch hamburger stand at the General Store trailhead. We usually grab a biscuit before hitting the trail but rarely come back out till late afternoon.

longarmwj

If you'll have me, count me in! Possibly bringing the gf so call it +1.
Absolutely we would love to have you!!! I've added you and your girlfriend to the list
Put me in. I can lead a group if needed.
Added ya! That would be awesome as I don't know the park at all
I recommend everyone have plenty of food and drinks for trail lunch.
They have a small walkup breakfast/ lunch hamburger stand at the General Store trailhead. We usually grab a biscuit before hitting the trail but rarely come back out till late afternoon.
Great points. As time gets closer I will probably start a "things you need to know/bring" thread, plus we can take a count of who brings what so we can maybe just group together for lunch on the trails and such.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Update, count me in, just asked for the days at work and made a reservation at the Quality Inn, I'm driving up from North Florida so I will arrive Thursday evening, it's 8-9 hour drive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom