The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

Hello all!

My name is Nathan. I’ve been a member for many years and I’ve owed six Jeeps and that has just became seven.

Welcome to my build thread and picture diary. I am an avid automobile photographer and love to use my Jeeps as my models.. so I am looking for somewhere to store and show all the pictures that no one cares about except other Jeep people! I hope you guys enjoy them.

For those of you guys that know me and are old friends, I am glad to be back. Without going into too much detail, at the beginning of the year I went through a divorce. But finding the positive in that, I was able to build and buy my dream Jeep! I am very excited starting over and having plenty of time for taking adventures as well as building Remi the way I want on the timeline I want to. [emoji16]

For those who don’t know me and are new friends, I am a 27 year old Firefighter/Paramedic in the East Texas/Tyler area. I take a lot of pictures. A LOT. If that’s not your thing, I completely understand, but if it is, get ready for the wild ride that is my build thread.

Okay, on to the good stuff! Meet REMI!

Remi is a 2019 JLU Rubicon in Bright White with a black cloth interior. The only two options I HAD to have were the LED package and Heated seats/steering wheel/remote start. I also went with the hard top headliner, tow package, and Mopar Floor Mats.

I picked up Remi on May 21st of this year, almost a month now. Here is the first time I laid eyes on her.
58014622509__DE62D897-D098-4B86-A26A-34E6D3A89ED4.jpg

Here is after signing all the paperwork, and making Remi officially mine
BEC2D1C2-DBDB-4566-9F74-79DC151881CD.jpg

First fill up! Averaging about 16.4MPG
IMG_0986.jpg

Here are several other photos over the past few weeks driving her!
IMG_0914.jpg
IMG_0999.jpg

BUILD SHEET:

STAGE 1:
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Some sort of hard top lift (non homemade) or soft top
- SpiderWebShade
- LOD Destroyer Series Shorty Front Bumper
- Winch
- EVO Skids
- Remove rear bumper

STAGE 2: Coming soon!

STAGE 3: Coming after stage 2!

Welcome to the madness that is my build thread! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Napalm

To get us started, here are some photos of my past Jeeps. Two of the builds are documented heavily on here.
IMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG

Napalm

And finally, the inspiration behind the name. Remi was a Boston terrier that belonged to a family member of mine. She was a great dog, but unfortunately she past away several years ago. The other day I was looking at the JLUR and it just came to me. Thus Remi the Rubicon was born!
IMG_1049.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Welcome back and it is been a while. I remember you selling all the parts back then.How does it feel to own the Jeep again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Napalm

Welcome back and it is been a while. I remember you selling all the parts back then.How does it feel to own the Jeep again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey man! Feels great to be back in it. I'm very impressed with the JL platform and finaly being able to purchase my very own Rubicon. I am currently on a 200+ mile journey in Remi and am very impressed with the long trip it in. Great fun!

Welcome back!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you! Very excited to be back and to see everyone's builds and everything that has been going on. I miss the community!

Napalm

My first adventure was a 200+ trip in Remi to Paris, Texas. Here I visited family, saw some sights, and just enjoyed driving. Great two day trip! Here are some photos from the journey.

Stopping to see the second largest Eiffel Tower!
IMG_1074.jpg
Sight seeing on some dirt
IMG_1075.jpg
Early morning sight seeing on day 2
IMG_1076.jpg
IMG_1077.jpg
The famous fountain in the historic downtown
IMG_1078.jpg
An old decommissioned firehouse that is now used for the city council chambers. Fun fact, this was my dads first assigned fire station when he started his career 32 years ago.
IMG_1072.jpg
Headed back, I stopped at the lake Fork Reservoir. I absolutely love this spot and wished I could have stayed longer. You can drive right up to the water and just hang out!
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1073.jpg
IMG_1067.jpg
IMG_1065.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg

Napalm

Congratulations on the JL!

Thank you! I am loving it so far!

Awwwww awesome Dawg!

Yes sir! Glad to be back!

Welcome back, Nathan! Remi looks great! [emoji1303]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

Thanks Man! It's great to be back!

Congrats on the JL. Can’t wait to see what you do with it

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Thank you! Very excited to get things started.

Welcome back! Really enjoyed your previous builds. Can’t wait to see this one.

Thank you! Thank you for reading through my previous builds. Always nice to hear that people actually enjoy all this madness I post on the internet ;)

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hey Nathan, welcome back! Your new Jeep, Remi looks terrific! I have to say that I’m looking forward to your new build thread, adventures and day to day pics! Sorry to hear about the hard time you went through, but I’m glad you made it and back in a Wrangler!

I’m surprised that you went with the factory LED upgrade. I know how you loved your Trucklites in the past.

JKbrick

Welcome back, Boston Terriers are the best! How did you buy Remi a month ago on June 21st if today is June 19? I know I’m slow but I didn’t know I was a month behind real time! Enjoy the new Jeep

Top Bottom