In the Event My Jeep Reenacts Ddays Trip to Moab

Coop

Caught the Bug
I will be heading out to Moab the second week of July by myself from Ohio, until I get out there and meet up. If my jeep reenacts the explosive example Ddays set last year, just wondering who to call.
Do you guys have recommendations for trustworthy off-road repair shops in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado and Utah?
Hopefully no major issues occur, but I would rather have a few folks to contact in the event of a mishap.
Looking forward to the experience of Moab!!
Thanks!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Safari Offroad in Nixa, MO did my axle swap and ordered my driveshafts for me. They did pretty good work and are good people.

Ddays

Hooked
Ugh, what a mess. I would have your driveshafts balanced and checked and rebuilt if necessary. Check your unit bearings. If you haven't already done so, it would also be worth balancing your tires.

i have the card of the guy that rescued me - I have it in Gruff as a good luck charm now. He's the kind of people you hope to find while you're stuck in the middle of Nebraska. I'll get you his info this evening.

Mostly have a great time - its a great ride out there, unless you go through Kansas. :icon_crazy: Sorry, but driving through that damn state is excruciating. I'd go I-80. At least through Nebraska you travel along the Platte River and there's shit to look at.

tc 1.jpg

TC-1a.jpg

TC 2.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ugh, what a mess. I would have your driveshafts balanced and checked and rebuilt if necessary. Check your unit bearings. If you haven't already done so, it would also be worth balancing your tires.

i have the card of the guy that rescued me - I have it in Gruff as a good luck charm now. He's the kind of people you hope to find while you're stuck in the middle of Nebraska. I'll get you his info this evening.

Mostly have a great time - its a great ride out there, unless you go through Kansas. :icon_crazy: Sorry, but driving through that damn state is excruciating. I'd go I-80. At least through Nebraska you travel along the Platte River and there's shit to look at.

View attachment 329149

View attachment 329150

View attachment 329151

Nice pictures brute.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I can’t recall what happened exactly in Ddays case, was it the front driveshaft that grenaded the t-case? If so, you could always pull the front driveshaft for the freeway driving.

Ddays

Hooked
I can’t recall what happened exactly in Ddays case, was it the front driveshaft that grenaded the t-case? If so, you could always pull the front driveshaft for the freeway driving.

My theory and that of the driveshaft shop was that the Cardan joint came apart. It was literally ground to nothing and totally destroyed. From the time it let go to the time I pulled over was maybe a 1/4 mile. I was doing 80 and I stood on the brakes when I saw the fire and smoke in the rear view mirror. And there was zero vibrations or warning before it let go.

Removing the front DS on so long of a drive is actually a suggestion I was going to make dependent on your schedule. That wouldn't hurt anything at all and you won't need it on the way out. Still, with everything balanced it should be fine. That was my third trip out there so it's not like I had issues before.

Top Bottom