Wide tires - mud flaps vs fenders

p38

Caught the Bug
With the transition to 40's and off-set wheels, practically the entire width of each tire is completely outside the fenders/body. I stay off the freeways, but still have the occasional drive by encounter with local police, sheriff, and CHP. Although I have not been stopped, I figure it's just a matter of time before one of these guys issues me a ticket. I don't know if I've just been lucky or these guys either don't care or have bigger, better things to worry about. Although I like the current look, I think I should at least make an effort to minimize flinging rocks, mud, etc. - especially with those stickies.
We have thought about making some magnetic fender extensions or possibly mudflaps. Has anyone had an issue with wide tires? What did you do to resolve it?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a22c.jpg

Brute

Hooked
With the transition to 40's and off-set wheels, practically the entire width of each tire is completely outside the fenders/body. I stay off the freeways, but still have the occasional drive by encounter with local police, sheriff, and CHP. Although I have not been stopped, I figure it's just a matter of time before one of these guys issues me a ticket. I don't know if I've just been lucky or these guys either don't care or have bigger, better things to worry about. Although I like the current look, I think I should at least make an effort to minimize flinging rocks, mud, etc. - especially with those stickies.
We have thought about making some magnetic fender extensions or possibly mudflaps. Has anyone had an issue with wide tires? What did you do to resolve it?
View attachment 329291

JK6.jpg

Installed removable mudflaps...they slide into a square tube and held in place by a quick release pin...

Top Bottom