Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to protect Ranch 9000XL Adjuster Knobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Given how many folks have expressed the same doesn’t that defeat the purpose and price tag for them? Or are they that good of a shock to just be worth it anyway?

Typed on my iPhone with my Jimmy Dean sausage fingers
    I can feel a difference vs the 5000x version. I like the fact that if you don't like the feel you can adjust it a little to your driving style but after you fine tune it you really won't mess with it again. It really just depends if you want a shock that you can adjust slightly to give it a firmer or softer feel or somewhere in between.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSJKU11 View Post
    I can feel a difference vs the 5000x version. I like the fact that if you don't like the feel you can adjust it a little to your driving style but after you fine tune it you really won't mess with it again. It really just depends if you want a shock that you can adjust slightly to give it a firmer or softer feel or somewhere in between.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Given how many folks have expressed the same doesn’t that defeat the purpose and price tag for them? Or are they that good of a shock to just be worth it anyway?

Ride quality is 100% subjective. I ran my RS9000X on my JL at 6 up front and 4 in the rear. A RS5000X would feel about a 5 on a RS9000X and so, you could say that I ran my fronts a bit firmer and rear softer but, essentially what a 5000 would feel like right out of the box.

Now, on my CJ-5 with stiff leaf springs, I run them at 2 up front and 0 on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Ride quality is 100% subjective. I ran my RS9000X on my JL at 6 up front and 4 in the rear. A RS5000X would feel about a 5 on a RS9000X and so, you could say that I ran my fronts a bit firmer and rear softer but, essentially what a 5000 would feel like right out of the box.

Now, on my CJ-5 with stiff leaf springs, I run them at 2 up front and 0 on the rear.
    And that’s really going to vary depending on load, bumper choices, etc I’d imagine correct? Even from a subjective “this is what my butt tells me feels right” outlook.

Matthew Nicholas
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

And that’s really going to vary depending on load, bumper choices, etc I’d imagine correct? Even from a subjective “this is what my butt tells me feels right” outlook.

This right here for sure. I messed with mine quite a bit until I found where I like it on road. I think I'm running 4 or 5 in the front and 7 in the rear. Offroad I drop the front to 1 or 2... 0 if it's lot of slow crawling. Probably 5 in the rear.

I did rotate the rear to protect the knobs. It's a little tough to adjust with the Rockstars, but not impossible.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    This right here for sure. I messed with mine quite a bit until I found where I like it on road. I think I'm running 4 or 5 in the front and 7 in the rear. Offroad I drop the front to 1 or 2... 0 if it's lot of slow crawling. Probably 5 in the rear.

I did rotate the rear to protect the knobs. It's a little tough to adjust with the Rockstars, but not impossible.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Ok, so be prepared to fuss with it a bit for personal preference. Good to know thank you!

Matthew Nicholas

Ok, so be prepared to fuss with it a bit for personal preference. Good to know thank you!

Of course. Every Jeep is different. That's the whole reason you get adjustable shocks though.

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Roger that

Matthew Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Not sure adjusting does anything to them really. At least I never felt a difference. Just flip them and be done with it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Feel a bit that way myself... Set them on 3 (I think). The Clayton Overlander seems to have fairly stiff rear springs, so with this setup I'm not even running a rear sway bar and it feels fine.

Does the 9000xl adjuster affect rebound, compression, or both? The Konis I'm used to from my autox days were rebound only...

I'll go ahead and rotate the rears & leave'em be. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12