Greetings from NC

Chris_Chil_JKU

Hello all,

I'm Chris, and I have a Jeeping problem. (That's step one; it seems step two involves wheeling, wrenching, and alternating between cussing rusty bolts and smiling broadly when you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor on a fun trail!)

I'd wanted a jeep ever since I was a wee one, having used a derelict parked willys as a prominent fixture of the games we cousins would play at the home of a relative where family reunions were held often in the summer. That flame was rekindled when I became of driving age when I walked past a sleek new Sahara YJ at the mall back in the 90's. Somehow, though, for many years I found every excuse not to get one (money, fuel economy, practicality, security, you name it), until finally in 2012 I said to myself:

"Dude, you're a grown-assed man. You can drive whatever you like. If you want a jeep, just get one!"

An 04 TJ Columbia Edition followed me home not long thereafter, my first. A couple years later, I was by then married with a baby on the way, and the TJ fun factor had to yield just a bit to family practicality, so I traded it for a JKU. I've had a mix of jeeps since then, but have settled in now on my favorite so far, a 2012 Sport. My wife and now preschool-aged daughter accompany me on many weekend adventures, either to the NC mountains, or, since we reside in central NC, the Uwharrie National Forest with its selection of fun OHV trails is an easy day trip away.

Anyhow, I'll quit rambling, but thanks for letting me share my jeep story, and I'll give you a wave on the street or the trail! 20190617_094517.jpg

Edit- fix a couple of typos
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

longarmwj

You should check out the Windrock Tennessee ride that we have this October! It wouldn't be too far of a drive for you!

Top Bottom