Backspacing questions on afternarket wheels

TxCoastie

Hi guys can someone clarify my future tire/wheel combo regarding clearance?

I will be going to the Cooper STT Pro 37×13.50×17 tires.

My current aftermarket wheels are 17×8.5 with a backspacing of 4.5.

Im running the current EVO leveling kit but will most likely need to lift up when I go to 37s.

Im wondering if this tire/wheel setup will work. If not sure how much backspacing will be needed so I can wheel freely without massive rubbing. Im looking at beadlocks (B.A.D. or Hutchinson) if my current wheels wont fit well.

New on wheel adapters but if I had to use those for a while to fit my current wheels for the 37s Im not sure how thick of a wheel adapter I would need.

Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BaddestCross

You'll need to be at least 3.5" BS to run 37s. I've got 4.5" BS wheels and I'm running 1.5" spacers with no issues rubbing on the frame.

You'll probably need to be at 3" of lift minimum with a lot of trimming and cut/highline fenders to run them as well.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

desertrunner

I'm running Cooper 37x13.5 on a Evo leveling kit (on a 2dr) I'm right about 3" of lift maybe a smidge taller. My wheels are 17x9 4.5" of back space and I needed spacers to make them not rub a ton. I believe 1.5" is the smallest spacer you can buy that's what I have so I have effectively 3" of back space. With stock width axles and the 37x13.5 if I were to buy new wheels I wouldn't buy anything with more than 3.5" of backspace for my current setup.

First is without spacers rubbing all sorts of stuff not at full lock. Second is with spacers full lock clearing just fine 844757514.jpg 20180630_161356.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TxCoastie

I'm running Cooper 37x13.5 on a Evo leveling kit (on a 2dr) I'm right about 3" of lift maybe a smidge taller. My wheels are 17x9 4.5" of back space and I needed spacers to make them not rub a ton. I believe 1.5" is the smallest spacer you can buy that's what I have so I have effectively 3" of back space. With stock width axles and the 37x13.5 if I were to buy new wheels I wouldn't buy anything with more than 3.5" of backspace for my current setup.

First is without spacers rubbing all sorts of stuff not at full lock. Second is with spacers full lock clearing just fine View attachment 329527 View attachment 329528

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Looks great!

Have you really worked your rig (rock crawling?) If so any problems with the spacers afterwards?

TxCoastie

Great pics!

If I dont get spacers but get new wheels that are 17x9 with 3.5 backspacing I should be good (other than a lil more lift) correct?

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I've run mine from 8-10psi. 8 was actually because I used a suckass gauge. Don't think you'd need any lower than that but it's possible. LOL, If you bust a bead off of a beadlock, you're doing something wrong.

Top Bottom