Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ball Joints - Dynatrac vs Teraflex - Knurled

Fresh Catch
    A couple of new knuckles and a kit of non knurled Rare Parts or Dynatrac ball joints.

Quote Originally Posted by 64fabius View Post
    A couple of new knuckles and a kit of non knurled Rare Parts or Dynatrac ball joints.
    Most people don't have the ability to cut the old inner knuckles from the axle tubes nor weld and position it back on in the proper location.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Ball Joints - Dynatrac vs Teraflex - Knurled

Quote Originally Posted by draaven View Post
    Cool, thanks guys! I googled, but I didn’t know if there was anybody associated with Wayalife we could check out. Thanks again!
    Rare parts are awesome and adjustable, however you can only rebuild the lowers I think. Can’t remember.

Dynatrac is awesome and you can rebuild both upper and lower. Just don’t ask them to build you a Gladiator.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Dynatrac is awesome and you can rebuild both upper and lower. Just don’t ask them to build you a Gladiator.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    Why not Synergy? That’s what I used.

Thats what I went with as well and ordered them from Bubba. They took much longer to loosen up than Synergy's 500 mile break in period. They were really tight and the jeep's steering was really bad until they did. Scary to the point I wouldn't let anyone drive it until they loosened up. If I remember correctly Bubba replaced 2 or 3 sets on customer's jeeps because they didn't like how it drove and were afraid to drive it. He replaced them with Alloy USA and did not have that issue. This wasn't a problem with other Synergy installs he had done.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by jesse3638; 06-23-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    Why not Synergy? That’s what I used.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Thats what I went with as well and ordered them from Bubba. They took much longer to loosen up than Synergy's 500 mile break in period. They were really tight and the jeep's steering was really bad until they did. Scary to the point I wouldn't let anyone drive it until they loosened up. If I remember correctly Bubba replaced 2 or 3 sets on customer's jeeps because they didn't like how it drove and were afraid to drive it. He replaced them with Alloy USA and did not have that issue. This wasn't a problem with other Synergy installs he had done.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    We installed 4-5 sets of ball joints in a short period of time on as many different Jeeps. ALL of them were immediately giving us the same feedback Jesse3638 describes. They were absolutely not going to try and drive their Jeeps 500 miles for the benefit of the doubt. All the customers with the exception of one, were describing it being so bad they were afraid to drive the Jeep back to us to change them out. One customer actually drove his over 3,000 miles and it still didn’t change.

What probably pissed me off the most was Synergy wouldn’t make it right on my end. They simply said that every set was like that and if the customer wasn’t willing to drive it 500 miles for the break-in, then they really had nothing to complain about. I had to cover the cost of the removal of the shitty Synergy ball joints, the new Alloy USA ball joints as well as the installation. Synergy had no interest in paying us back. At least we were able to send the 4 sets we had in stock back to the warehouse.

As I’ve said before, I like most Synergy products but I will never sell another set of their ball joints.

We installed 4-5 sets of ball joints in a short period of time on as many different Jeeps. ALL of them were immediately giving us the same feedback Jesse3638 describes. They were absolutely not going to try and drive their Jeeps 500 miles for the benefit of the doubt. All the customers with the exception of one, were describing it being so bad they were afraid to drive the Jeep back to us to change them out. One customer actually drove his over 3,000 miles and it still didn’t change.

What probably pissed me off the most was Synergy wouldn’t make it right on my end. They simply said that every set was like that and if the customer wasn’t willing to drive it 500 miles for the break-in, then they really had nothing to complain about. I had to cover the cost of the removal of the shitty Synergy ball joints, the new Alloy USA ball joints as well as the installation. Synergy had no interest in paying us back. At least we were able to send the 4 sets we had in stock back to the warehouse.

As I’ve said before, I like most Synergy products but I will never sell another set of their ball joints.

Mine took close to 1000 miles to finally loosen up. I even made it a point to drive aggressively off road over rough terrain. The worst part was the lack of self centering on the freeway. Left you chasing it all over the road. I'll probably try Alloy USA the next go round.

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Mine took close to 1000 miles to finally loosen up. I even made it a point to drive aggressively off road over rough terrain. The worst part was the lack of self centering on the freeway. Left you chasing it all over the road. I'll probably try Alloy USA the next go round.
    Had this same experience when I installed Synergy BJs . Wandering and a pull to whichever side you steered . It lasted for first 100 miles. I then went wheeling for 5 hours and did some rock crawling and lots of fire road driving and turning . Immediately loosened up .

The Dynatrac are nice but they are far from easy to rebuild. Not to mention you have to do all the same work to rebuild them as you would replace them. The only difference is you are not pressing them out. I have a set that needed to be rebuilt and I just replaced them altogether because of how much of a pain in the ass they were. I have no issues with the synergy’s I replaced them with.

I do have Dynatracs in my front 60 that will probably need to be rebuilt in the next year or so. Not looking forward to it.

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Rare parts are awesome and adjustable, however you can only rebuild the lowers I think. Can’t remember.

Lol

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR