Ball Joints - Dynatrac vs Teraflex - Knurled

draaven

Hey guys and girls,

Search didn't seem to have what I was looking for, soooo...

Quick question... What would be the better option? Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints or Teraflex HD Ball Joints?

Here's the situation: I had Death Wobble in 2015 while I was living in Colorado. Soooo many pot holes in CO! :doh: They wreaked havoc on the Jeep's steering and suspension. So, long story short...a 4wd shop replaced the ball joints for me at that time, but I didn't realize until today they actually replaced them with Alloy USA joints which are knurled. So, now I have to replace them again, because the Grim Reaper Wobble has returned after 4 years.

Ball joints are shot now. Since I need to replace the joints with a set of knurled, which should I go with? The Dynatracs are rebuildable, but the Teraflex ones are so much cheaper and are adjustable. The problem is - What happens when the Teraflex joints can no longer be adjusted and have to eventually be replaced? That would be the 3rd time to replace with a knurled ball joint, and I would assume at that point they may not fit the hole any longer which would create new problems.

So, am I over thinking this, or am I correct in trying to prevent future problems?

Let me know if you guys have any opinions.

Thanks!

e

Oh, and here's my current setup:
2013 Rubicon JKU
Rock Krawler 3.5 Mid Arm Flex
Stock Rubi Wheels - :grayno:
37" - KO2's - :grayno:
Looking at the Cooper STT Pro's next.

Torrin

You are not going to find much terrorflex love here, I have the dynatracs on my PR44 and they are really good, but I don't have a ton of miles on them yet.

+1 on the Dynatracs. I have them on my D44 and have not had to rebuild them yet. I have read some people having issues with rebuilding, but that was a while ago. I’m not sure if that’s changed now.

draaven

What about Rare?

Thanks for the input!

Well, if I am out to spend $600 on Dynatrac ball joints, then what do you guys think about the Rare ball joints? Would you still go Dynatrac?

draaven

You are not going to find much terrorflex love here, I have the dynatracs on my PR44 and they are really good, but I don't have a ton of miles on them yet.

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting to find much love for those. I don’t have anything Teraflex, and I never really planned on it until I started looking into longer lasting BJ’s. Sounds like Dynatracs may be the way to go.

BaddestCross

Thanks for the input!

Well, if I am out to spend $600 on Dynatrac ball joints, then what do you guys think about the Rare ball joints? Would you still go Dynatrac?
I've been running Rare Parts for over a year and I'm a fan so far. They started getting loose a month or so ago due to some majorly out-of-balance tires... I reset the preload on them and they're as good as new.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

draaven

Why not Synergy? That’s what I used.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I didn’t think Synergy’s were adjustable or rebuildable. Since I have to go with a knurled version, I’m worried about future replacements. Knurled then knurled then knurled then knurled seems like it may eventually open up that hole too big and cause problems down the road that I wouldn’t want to deal with. Maybe I’m worried for nothing, but I’m at 80k miles, and this will be my 3rd set.

WJCO

Meme King
I started looking into longer lasting BJ’s .

Any BJ is a great thing.

As far as ball joints, We've run Dynatrac and Synergy. More road miles on the Synergy but more rock miles on the Dynatracs. Both are holding up fine. I wouldn't touch Teraflex.

Here's the reason Dynatrac is so popular:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I’m running the teraflex ball joints as I had limited options here and they’ve been fine so far but I’m only running 34s and haven’t done any serious off road since they went in

Jkratt

If the roads are too rough for your BJ's find a smoother road or park. If you want the best balljoints there is only one choice, Dynatrac.

A.J.

Dynatrac or Rare Parts. Both good options. I had the Dynatracs for 3 or 4 years. Never had to rebuild. They were still going strong when I broke my axle. Lots of people running Rare Parts also with great results.

draaven

Dynatrac or Rare Parts. Both good options. I had the Dynatracs for 3 or 4 years. Never had to rebuild. They were still going strong when I broke my axle. Lots of people running Rare Parts also with great results.

Hmmmm... Anybody have a good link to order the Rare’s or know of any discounts? Northridge doesn’t seem to carry them. If not, looks like Dynatrac is the way to go. Too bad Dynatrac never discounts.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah, I wasn’t expecting to find much love for those. I don’t have anything Teraflex, and I never really planned on it until I started looking into longer lasting BJ’s. Sounds like Dynatracs may be the way to go.

Hmmmm... Anybody have a good link to order the Rare’s or know of any discounts? Northridge doesn’t seem to carry them. If not, looks like Dynatrac is the way to go. Too bad Dynatrac never discounts.

Check with Exodus Jeeps.

Top Bottom