Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Ignition cutoff ideas.

  1. #11
    Nothing but a Thing Slimebones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Front Range, Colorado
    Posts
    1,049
    Does anyone with a wiring schematic have the wire color and location of the fuel pump wire?
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    I would think it would be easy enough to put a switch in your fuel pump lead and run it under the dash.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    877

    Ignition cutoff ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimebones View Post
    Does anyone with a wiring schematic have the wire color and location of the fuel pump wire?


    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I wish I did. Iím hoping someone else jumps in with one. I just got tube doors and would love to put a kill switch in.
    I believe that the ABS and fuel pump are on the same fuse on the 3.8 JK, but I could be completely wrong.

    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by RockinAZJK; 06-25-2019 at 12:56 AM.

  3. #13
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,883
    I donít have a kill switch, but I have a wrench. I disconnect the battery and lock the hood from time to time.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #14
    Knows a Thing or Two A.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Grants Pass Or.
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    I wish I did. Iím hoping someone else jumps in with one. I just got tube doors and would love to put a kill switch in.
    I believe that the ABS and fuel pump are on the same fuse on the 3.8 JK, but I could be completely wrong.

    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    There's a thought though. Just pull the fuel pump relay out and stick it in your pocket.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    There's a thought though. Just pull the fuel pump relay out and stick it in your pocket.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I mean definitely an idea if youíre leaving it for an extended time (days). But just at the movies, hotel, etc I donít want to pop my hood and get into the fuse box every time I drive it lol


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #16
    Nothing but a Thing Slimebones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Front Range, Colorado
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    I mean definitely an idea if youíre leaving it for an extended time (days). But just at the movies, hotel, etc I donít want to pop my hood and get into the fuse box every time I drive it lol


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Exactly. Was hoping someone who has done this would chime in and advise of an easy access to the correct wires somewhere under the dash. Placement of the switch could get creative to be sure.

  7. #17
    Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,019
    Buy an under seat lock box and install the cutoff switch in it with enough wiring to let it slide open and shut


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Help with fuel cutoff switch or other means of theft disabler
    By The Cock Father in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 02:54 PM
  2. Sticky ignition
    By rogerk93 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2016, 02:35 PM
  3. Ignition Key?
    By DMF in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 04:38 PM
  4. Defense Mine Cummings Cutoff Trail Run
    By wayoflife in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS