Rotopax dual mount plate on Evo hinge carrier

desertrunner

Been looking into stacking some rotopax on the back of my Jeep with the Evo hinge carrier / bracket but I have a question about the dual mounting plate. In the picture on their website it doesn't look like it has holes in the right spot to mount to the Evo bracket. Yet I have seen some write ups where it does have the 4 holes in the middle. So for those that have the universal dual mounting plate did you have to order it with the option for those 4 holes in the middle or is the website picture just wrong? Screenshot_20190623-142031_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I still can't find a definitive answer on this. The Google has led me to believe that there are 3 different types of universal mounting plate. 1 with no center mounting holes 1 with round center mounting holes and 1 with square mounting holes. But yet no place I have tried to order one from has a way for me to know what's gonna show up so...... Does anyone have any insight on how I get a universal mounting plate with the square center mounting holes like Eddie's write up?
Only one I found with square holes is Northridge4x4 and well..... Yeah no thanks Screenshot_20190623-230316_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190623-230355_Chrome.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I sound like a broken record sometimes, but give Exodus Jeeps a call tomorrow. I bet he can answer your question or at least find out for you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Right! That's why I'm confused after finding pictures of 3 different ones. Wanted to buy the one off of your Amazon link but the picture on Amazon shows it without any middle mounting holes.....

I seriously doubt that it doesn't come with the holes. Just buy it and it if doesn't have them, return it. :idontknow:

desertrunner

Square holes would allow the use of carriage bolts.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I understand that, but why are they necessary?
Unnecessary. Possibly convenient for some types of installation.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Mine had the 4 holes, didn't know their was an option without

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
To be clear on my thoughts, I have never used the Evo bracket or any rotopax mounting system. I am not sure what hardware comes with any of them. The Evo bracket has square holes and some pictures of the universal mount has square holes leading me to believe a carriage bolt would be used to be nice and flush and out of the way of the gas can itself. Are they necessary... Probably not... But idk how tall of a bolt head will hit the gas can. Can I drill a hole in the universal mount to line up with the Evo mount.... Yes.

All I am saying is when I googled links to the universal mount and where to buy one, I found 3 different options with square holes, round holes, and no holes, with no way to determine which one would show up at my door. Is that a big deal... No. Can I make any of the 3 work.... Probably.

I was just wondering if the people who have bought them already had to choose a hole option or if they all just showed up with square holes so I know what I have to do to get it installed.

Top Bottom